Part 6~ Primer

Tom and I walk side by sided and follow Jacque to a makeup room. Tom has his hands in the pockets of his jeans and I clasp mine in front of me, my fingers twitching around nervously. 

Upon seeing his face in person, I had hated Tom Holland with my guts. But now, a lot of that hatred has vanished... along with my dignity. Not to say that I still don't hate him, because I do... I think.

"So you're friends with Haz?" I snap out of my daydream and look up at him.

He looks at me for a brief second and then faces forward again as we continue to walk.

"Um, yeah. He was one of my brother's best friends," I bite my lip.

I see Tom raise an eyebrow from the corner of my eye, "was?"

"Yeah, they lost touch when Dean and I moved back to Australia," I force a smile.

I am not going to tell yet another person how my brother died and have them pity me.

He nods and opens his mouth to say something else, but is interrupted by Jacque, "here we are my beauties! Tom, take your place in the chair and you Missy, it's your time to shine."

Tom slides into the chair with ease as Jacque directs me to the makeup. I gasp in awe as I look down and run my fingers over the tools. These are much more expensive and higher quality than mine. Then a frown falls upon my face. This is all different! What if I fail because I'm not used to it? I sigh and pick up some primer and a brush and walk back over to Tom.

Jacque raises an eyebrow inquisitively, "a brush for primer?"

"Believe it or not, it works better," I shrug.

He winces and nods once, signalling for me to keep working.

Hmph, I'll show him!

I stand in front of Tom who is sitting expectantly, his hands clasped on his lap, his foot tapping against the floor and his back, completely straight. He's taken off his flannel shirt, leaving just a black tee.

"Can you, um, can you please close your eyes?" I stutter.

He does and I open the lid of the primer and squeeze some onto the back of my hand, keeping my eyes on his seemingly perfect face. I dip my finger in the primer and with my other hand, I push back the brown, bouncy curls falling onto his face. They're softer than I expected.

"Do you want me to hold that?" he asks softly, his eyes still closed.

"No, it's okay," it's super irritating.

I might've said yes if it wasn't for how soft his hair is.

And then I begin to do this makeup. I pretend his face is a perfect canvas, which isn't that hard, and begin to plant layers of makeup. I use fake blood to create the illusion of a scratch above his left eyebrow and some brown colors around to suggest his face is dirty.

After thirty minutes of Jacque questioning and judging my every move and me touching Tom Holland's smooth face, I step back and inhale deeply. When I take in his whole face, I let go of the breath I'm holding.

I step out from in front of the mirror and stand behind his chair, "what do you think?"

Tom opens his eyes and his jaw practically falls to his feet, "holy shit, this is incredible! It looks so real!"

I cross my arms across my chest and give Jacque a sassy look, "and you?"

"Fine, okay," he groans and covers his face, "he's right, it is amazing. You're amazing. Using a brush for primer is amazing. Will you work with us?"

A cheeky expression grows on my face, "say please."

He moans, "pretty please with a cherry on top, Corinna!"

"Fine, okay," I roll my eyes dramatically as Jacque breathes a sigh of relief.

"Meet me outside when you're done and we'll talk details with the crew."

He leaves the room and I turn back to the mirror to see Tom smirking at my reflection.

"What are you smiling for?" my forehead creases.

He chuckles, "you're a pretty funny, Corinna."

I grin and am about to respond with one of my many witty replies, but a voice coming from the door interrupts me.

"Still not as funny as I am," when I turn to see who it is, rage bubbles up inside of me. More rage than when I first saw Tom!

Tom gestures towards her, "Corinna, this is--"

She sticks out her hand, "Winnie Sanderson."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I DON'T KNOW IF THE PRIMER THING IS TRUE OR NOT LOLOLOL