Part 16~ The Morning After

I wake up in bed wearing the same clothes from the night before, this including Tom's hoodie. A huge aching pain pounds my head and I do not feel like eating. I stumble out of the bed and into the hall, bracing my hand on the wall for support. I suddenly have a sudden urge to throw up and I run into the bathroom, where Tom stands brushing his teeth.

"You're awake," he says, toothbrush still in mouth and I run to the toilet bowl, "what are you do— oh shit."

I puke anything left out in my stomach and Tom immediately comes and holds my hair back for me and runs his hand up and down my back.

After five minutes, I inhale sharply and say, "I'm sorry."

"What for?" he asks.

I chuckle, "you're a celebrity, helping your makeup artist puke. Sounds like I should be very sorry."

He laughs, "as much as puke is disgusting, I don't mind."

"Hey, Tom?" I frown, "did I say anything to you last night?"

"What kind of things are you suggesting?" he speaks slowly.

"Oh no, what did I say?" I turn to face him abruptly.

He stands up and offers his hand, "wash your face and brush your teeth or something. We can talk about this over breakfast."

I take his hand and follow his instructions as he leaves the bathroom. I brush my teeth very quickly and take the stairs two at a time.

"Just tell me what I said, that's all I want to know!" I unintentionally shout.

He pours some tea into a mug and doesn't look at me as he speaks, "you asked me if I was going to hit you. Because someone named Xavier did."

I gulp. 

Shit.

"Is Xavier your ex?"

I bite my lip and nod, thinking of a way to change the topic.

"So how did your date go with Winnie last night?"

He sighs, "there was no date. I was looking for you."

Oh.

I run my hands through my hair, "is she mad?"

"She'll get over it."

Harrison comes bolting down the stairs, "you're alive, hallelujah!"

I giggle and the three of us take a seat at the table and eat breakfast, mine coming with several pills. Tom and I make no other mention of the events from last night.

"So, are you going to get ready for work, Cori?" Haz asks.

I groan and shove my face in my hands, "work. Right."

"You can always stay home if you're not feeling well," Tom suggests.

I shake my head, "I am not a wuss. I can survive a hangover."

I leave the table and take a quick shower. I don't know what I was going to do about all my problems, but I had to face them whether I like it or not. I change into a simple but classy outfit consisting of black leggings, a brown cardigan and a white tee. I tie my hair into a lazy bun. I apply a simple layer of foundation and a bit of mascara and decide on some last minute sunglasses. I meet the boys downstairs.

"The beast becomes a beauty, once again," Haz jokes and I force a laugh.

Tom maintains a poker face. We hop into his Audi and drive to the set.

I'm more than ready to do makeup, but avoiding Winnie will be a difficult task.