Part 13~ He's a Good Guy

My eyes flicker open and I squint as the blinding sunlight flows into the room. Since when is my room this bright? I examine my surroundings and jump upright in the bed when I realize. 

I stayed over at Tom's apartment.

"Shit," I whisper.

I hop over to my bag and pull out my phone frantically as all the events from last night come flooding back to me. Xavier. Lina. Xavier. Dean. Xavier. Tom... I open my phone to texts from my mum, Lina and Xavier. I scroll through the several apology texts from Lina and then block her number. I don't even read the texts from Xavier, I just block him. 

Then I open my mum's texts:

Corinna, what happened?!

Text me back before I have a heart attack!!!!!

Corinna hurry the hell up before I catch a flight to America!

And so forth... I text back simply:

We're broken up. I'm crashing at a friend's. Don't stress.

I sigh and collapse onto the floor, resting my back against the wall. I toss my phone to the side and force myself to forget everything that had happened. It's impossible to forget, but even more impossible to forgive. My eyes move to my bag, where the hatbox from Dean pokes out. I gulp and think about the letter he wrote to me. He didn't write a letter for anyone else, but me. And me being the wuss I am, I haven't opened it yet. My family doesn't know that it exists and I'm not planning on telling them either.

A warm, comforting scent wafts into the room. I inhale it and am instantly relaxed. I stand up and dart down the stairs to the kitchen where it's coming from.

"Do I smell coffee?!" I squeal, relieved."Coffee girl, huh?" Harrison whistles.

I shrug, "I'm more of a tea person but I just need coffee after last night."

"Good girl," he smiles, "and last night. Tom told me um, what had happened. Well, what he knew. Do you want to talk about it?"

I bite my lip and shake my head, "no. I don't want to."

"But do you need to?"

"Yeah," I gulp and nod, "not now. When I'm ready."

He nods solemnly, clearly having some sort of idea of what it's about.

"Well I'm always here and I know I can speak on behalf of Tom too," he says and I smile thankfully, "speaking of Tom. Are you directing hate towards him because of your role and because of Winnie?"

I run my hand through my hair, "I don't hate him, Haz. I can't and as his best friend, you should know, he is too love-able to be hated." He nods at this as I continue speaking, "but I just, I do hate Winnie. And I do feel angry about my part and it isn't his fault and that's what I hate. I have no one really to blame it on but myself."

"Tom is a good guy, you know? He'd understand if you told him," Harrison suggests as he passes me a mug filled with coffee.

"Yeah, lets not discuss this now. I'll be getting ready," I say, quickly leaving the room with my coffee.

As I walk up the stairs, not being patient enough with my coffee, I run into Tom and nearly spill it. I shriek and immediately clamp my mouth shut as I realize he's shirtless. And he has bed hair. And he's stretching... no, he's flexing.

"Morning," he yawns.

I stammer, "g-g-good morning."

"You feeling any better?" he asks while rubbing his eyes.

"I mean, not better... but I'm feeling okay," I shrug, "if that makes sense."

He chuckles, "yeah, somehow it does."

I look down at his abs and stare there for way too long.

He clears his throat, "I should um, grab some breakfast. The bathroom is right there if you want to take a shower or something."

"Yeah, thanks," I smile, "so today's our day off. Got any plans?"

"I think Winnie and I are going on a date tonight and Haz scored a date too. But do you want to go to the shops with me and Haz maybe? We need a girl's advice on what to wear."

Oh. 

I wasn't expecting that.

I bite my tongue to avoid saying anything I'll regret, "sure. I think I left a few things at my old apartment anyway so I need to do some shopping."

He nods and we part ways. I sip on my coffee and then hop into the shower. And as I sit in the shower, I break down again. Letting my tears fall into the drain and hope my problems go with them.