Part 7~ Winnie the Witch

"Yeah. Cool. Hi," I turn to Tom, "I'm just going to go now, I'll see you around."As I walk off, he stammers behind me. I glare at Winnie and bump her shoulder with mine as I walk out. She gasps dramatically. And when I walk down the hallway, listening to her yelling at Tom, a grin spreads across my whole face. 

**TOM'S POV**

I try to tell her not to leave, to stay a little longer. Maybe meet Winnie and Zendaya and get to know me more, even? But she walks off before I can articulate it. 

"Tom, did you see the way she bumped me?!" Winnie shrieks, breathlessly.

  I stand up, about to make my way to the set, "I don't think she meant it, love."   

"She most certainly did," she scoffs, "well aren't you going to tell her something?!"  

"Win, love, seriously. I am not going to waste her time," I was beginning to get frustrated, but evidently, she was too.  

She glares at me, "what a great boyfriend you are."

She storms off. 

"Win, wait! Come on!" I follow her out the door then stop.

I'm not going to follow her when she's being unreasonable. Then I think of Corinna, and how she may have actually been aggressive to Winnie as she had been to me earlier. Why? This was going to be stuck in my head for a while.

**CORINNA'S POV**I step into the elevator and groan as I realize I have to go back to Xavier. I look down at my phone to the time- 3:30.

I thought it would be much later than that. Later meaning less time with Xavier today. But apparently not.  

The elevator stops with a jolt and I get off. I stop when I reach the door to our— HIS apartment. I hesitate before growing some balls and unlocking the door.  

I enter to see someone on our couch.

"Lina?"

She jumps, clearly startled, and stammers, "Cor! I thought you were out till late!"

"Nope, I'm back," I shrug, "what are you doing here?"

"I was just waiting for you," she bites her lip.

"And how did you get in...?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Huh," I swear I did lock up... I sigh, "I must've forgotten. What a day."

She pats the seat next to her on the couch, "tell me about it!"

I obey and flop down onto the couch. I recount everything that had happened, from meeting Tom and hating him, to doing his makeup and being able to stand him, to getting the job, to meeting Winnie...

"So you're on the crew for the next Spider-Man movie?! The one you auditioned for?! This is some messed up stuff," she chuckles.

I nod, "I don't know how on earth I'm going to survive. Maybe Harrison will be the only one there for me?"

"You and Harrison, aye?" she nudges me, "smooth sailing?"

I gag, "Lina! Dating Haz would be like dating my brother! That's actual incest."

She giggles.

Then the door creaks open. My head snap ups instantly and there he is. Lina jumps again, startled. She is very jittery...

"I'll just give you two some space," she says and runs out.

I stand up as Xavier makes his way towards me.

"So I'm guessing that you--"

"--I'm sorry," Xavier says quickly.

I'm taken aback. Xavier never, ever, ever apologizes to me!

"Oh," is all that I can muster up.

He goes on, "I lost control. I let my anger get the better of me. I'm sorry, Cor. You know that I love you."

"Yeah, I know," I gulp.

The sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach suggests otherwise and is urging me to turn the other way.

But I continue anyways, "I love you too."

He speed walks towards me and smashes his lips onto mine. It looks like any dramatic and romantic scene from a movie... except that it doesn't feel like any dramatic and romantic scene from a movie. This kiss is unlike any other. It feels very forced, as if all of the passion in it has been drained.

As if all the love is gone.