GETTING THERE PT.2

~Levi's pov~

Current time: 9:40am. Date: July 2nd, XXXX.

I've been in this truck for so long now my ass is numb. Furlan and Isabelle offered to drop me off at the college, and I accepted since it'll be a while until I see them again. I looked down at this hoodie that got mailed to me by the college; it's nice I guess. They go well with my black jeans. I don't really want to be here but my mother and I had a deep conversation one night about this whole thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Le flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                               ..Around a month ago..

"Levi, sweetheart." My mother, Kutchel, called for me from the kitchen. "What?" I replied, glancing over to her to show I was listening. "I wanna talk to you about stuff." She said while giving me a sweet, motherly closed eyed smile. 

I sighed and got up from the couch, went to the dining table, and sat across from her "Yes?" I asked, locking my fingers together and setting them on the table. "Have you thought about college at all?" "Tch..." I leaned back in my chair folding my arms over my chest. 

"I know you don't like to talk about it, but I'd like to see you do something with your life. And even if the career you choose doesn't involve a college degree, I still think you should go. For better opportunities or advantages." 

I gave an exasperated sighed. 

"Mom, I...I don't want to waste time being there." "Why?" She asked, pushing a bowl of grapes my way. "Because..." I began, as I took a grape. "I'm not completely sure what I want to do..." I plopped the grape in my mouth as my mother smiled lovingly at me. 

"Levi, it's okay not to know what you want, you're so young after all. But, I think if you go to college you'll be able to find out what you want to do for yourself. Instead of raising havoc among street rats out here." 

That last part made my eyes widen and my mother smirked evilly at me. "People talk." I scowled and rolled my eyes. "And besides..." She looked out the kitchen window as her evil smirk formed into a calm smile. 

"You'd be the first Ackerman in this family to go to college..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Present Time~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Big bro! What are you gonna do first?! Party and Get drunk? Screw some bit-"

"Isabel!" Furlan interrupted. "Shuuudaaaap." 

Isabel sat back and pouted. 

"I'm going to sleep so I can actually work..." I muttered. "Borrrinnnggg!" Isabel dragged, which received a glare from Furlan in the rear view mirror. "So, you have your heart set on being a teacher, huh?" Furlan asked me, bringing his attention back unto the road. 

"Yeah, a French Language teacher. Or literature teacher...either one." "You can do it big bro! If you can beat up punks in alley ways, then you can definitely be a teacher! You taught me how to fight!" Isabel exclaimed, patting her non existent bicep muscles. 

"You're not even good at fighting..." Furlan retorted, earning a kick to the back of his seat. 

"This is your last year of high school, right?" I asked Isabel. She nods, though I can't see. "Yup, and I'm excited! Soon enough I'll get to go to...to..." She paused thinking. 

"Survey Corps University." Furlan helped. 

"Yeah!" Isabel continued. "And we'll all be together!" I exhale a short chuckle. The upside was that Furlan was attending the same college. The downside, however, was that he had night classes. I looked back at my motorcycle in Furlan's truck, hoping it'd make the trip there safely. 

'What am I getting myself into?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~two hours laterrrrrr~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, look at that, some other people are here dropping their things off, too." Furlan commented. "Well, they're smart. Even if school starts next week it's best to do this early." I mentioned, as I walked towards the U-Haul crate we drove with us. 

Looking around the parking lot, I saw someone else had the same idea. "Copy cats!" Isabel said, jumping out of the truck. 

I just shrugged and opened the U-Haul. Furlan came to help and we took out some boxes, setting them gently to the side. 

Getting the last one out, I saw Furlan eyeing something. I took a look and noticed that four people were walking from the campus to their car. 

I noticed someone was wearing almost exactly what I was. The only difference was that I was prim and proper, whilst her jeans were ripped...like a ludicrous dupe. 

She had (h/l) (h/c) hair, glowing (s/c) skin, and dazzling (e/c) eyes. Funny thing was, she seemed to be the shortest of her friend group. 

"When we come back tomorrow I'm going to take my motorcycle here so I can park it." I heard the girl mention. "You got a parking spot?" I heard the boy with blonde hair ask. She nodded and got in the car with her friends, and left. 

I got back on track and we all got our things into the dorm. "This is the place? 304?" Isabel asked. "304." I confirmed. Furlan unlocked the door and opened it, which showed a small entry hallway. 

Isabel open the door on the right. "Cute bathroom." She said. 

Furlan continued to the next door, and I followed. Everything looked nice. I saw that perhaps my roommate already dropped by because there were boxes by one of the rooms. "I thought you were going to live on your own?" Furlan looked at me confused. 

"Tch, that's too much money..." Furlan chuckled. Isabel came in and started running around until dramatically falling on her back. "This place has the smoothest wooden floor!" She exclaimed with a giggle. 

She wasn't wrong. The place looked as if it had just been mopped clean with floor polish. "Your thoughts, Levi?" Furlan asked, looking over at me. 

I smiled, "I like it."