THE BASEBALL GAME

Sunday, December 13th, XXXX - 10:13am

(Reader's POV)

Merry Christmas! 

Not really...just felt like saying it. 

But, it's winter now! Yay! It's December 13th now, and my deadline is coming quickly...and I'm scared. 

He could say no...but, he could also say yes...I dunno! 

It's too much to think about really. Right now I'm watching the Amazing World of Gumball on the tv. I was watching the episode where Nicole thought about what would happen if she never met Richard all along. 

It's heart warming actually, she eventually sees she doesn't want life any other way. 

In a way...I can relate with her.

The front door suddenly flew open, making me jolt.

"Knock knock, bitches!" Hanji yelled as she danced in, blasting the Charlie Brown theme on her phone. 

I chuckled and watched her dance all weird. "I-I get it Hanji, you're excited about...wait, what are you happy about?" I asked. 

She grinned. "It's annual baseball season!" 

"Oh dear God..." We heard Levi murmur as he left his room, dragging his feet across the floor in fatigue.

"Baseball season is over though..." I stated. 

"Not ours! Our baseball season began!" 

I tilted my head confused. 

"Levi and us had always played baseball during the winter before it snowed. Hopefully he hasn't changed his mind?" She said the last sentence loud enough for him to hear, earning a tired grunt from him. 

"Well, where do you guys go to play?" 

"I was hoping today at some field since the baseball parks are closed until spring." Hanji explained. 

"I think I wanna play." I spoke up.

"I don't think you need to play. In fact, you definitely don't." Levi told me, looking me up and down. 

My heart skipped a beat, and I rolled my eyes and folded my arms. "Then, I'll just be a referee." 

"Do you even know how baseball is played?" He asked, taking a sip of his tea without breaking eye contact. 

My heart sped up again.

"Yeah, you run to each base to make a home run without getting out, right?" 

He stared at me for maybe 5 seconds, and then nodded. 

"Yeah, pretty much." He then glanced at Hanji, sighed annoyed, and agreed to the game. 

"Yahoo! Levi's gonna a play! Christball basemas never dies!" She ran out the door, probably to spread the word. 

"She...She meant Christmas baseball right?" I asked. 

He smirked as he took another sip of his tea.

~At the school's local baseball field~

I was surprised that Hanji had the village kids, the trio, and her posse out to play. Most of them had casual clothing on, or wore some night wear, presumably being too lazy to change. 

"I wanna be on the team against Jean!" Eren exclaimed, with his hand up. 

"Erwin and Levi are choosing teams, so you better hope for the best." I told him. "Players! Get in a line standing side by side."