THE ULTIMATE PROPOSAL

Saturday, May 13th, XXXX - 7:30pm

Time had passed. And eventually 7:30 rolled around.

"Guys, it's getting late. I'm gonna head home." (Y/n) said, getting off the bench to go home.

"Oh, okay. Bye-wait! You can't!!" Eren yelled, almost falling over the bench to grab her attention.

(Y/n) turned and looked at him, alarmed. "Excuse you? Don't yell at me!" She scolded, pointing her finger at him.

"You can't go home!!" Eren re-stated.

(Y/n) tilted her head, puzzled. "And why not?" She asked.

"We wanted to go somewhere with you!!" He exclaimed.

"Eren, you can stop yelling now." Mikasa told him.

"We haven't realized how late it's gotten, sorry. But, we won't let you go home until we go out to eat at the local café. We'd hate for Levi to get irritated with us because we didn't feed you."

Armin was surprised at how straightforward Mikasa was, and how good that lie sounded.

(Y/n) sighed. "You guys are being weird. Fine, let's go."

They all rallied up and got in the car, taking her to her soon to be fiancé.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

~At The Local Café~

"Watch her say no..." Levi said for the umpteenth time.

Hanji and Erwin rolled their eyes. "She won't!" They said in unison. They all sat near the back, waiting for (y/n) to get there.

"How do you know that...?" He asked.

"Look...try to think on the bright side." Hanji told him, waving her hand slowly in the air to represent a rainbow.

"The bright side is full of illusions to shield us from the cruel reality we live in. Don't tell me to think 'bright'." Levi said, monotoned.

Hanji and Erwin's brows furrowed.

"Who hurt you?" Erwin asked.

Levi rolled his eyes as he got up and paced around slowly, trying to keep his calm. He then got a message from Eren that they were on their way, with (Y/n) in tow.

"Shit..." He ran his fingers through his raven locks. "Shoot me...please."

"We could never do that, Levi!" Hanji laughed, going to him and patting his back.

"She will see your efforts to make her yours, a very considerate and loving thing to her." Hanji said, mentioning to his outfit. He wore a black button up shirt with a navy blue tie, white dress pants, and black dress shoes.

Levi sighed. "I'd sure hope so..." Erwin chuckled. "Man, there was only one other time we've seen you panic. And that was over dust. This girl has really got you hooked."

Levi's features softened. "Yeah...I guess you could say that."

"So, you rehearse what you're gonna a tell her?" Erwin asked.

Levi quirked a brow. "Rehearse? The hell you talking about?"

"You... haven't thought out what you wanna say before asking her to marry you?" Hanji asked, worried.

"Why would I? What I should say should come from how I feel, not what I think needs to be said."

Hanji and Erwin smiled softly hearing that.