AN APARTMENT?!

Saturday, March 20th, XXXX - 4:37pm

(Reader's POV)

We looked into the apartment Kenny had shown us. It was on the top floor of the 5 story apartment building. 

The flooring was beige and wooden, waxed, and clean. The walls were completely white with no trace of aging or previous markings, like nails in the wall or dents. 

Coming in, you're met with a genkan for shoes. There was a thermostat and a camera to see  who was at the door. We continued into the apartment and were in awe. The living room space was large, and there were sliding doors that led to the balcony. 

Looking to the left was space for a dining room set, and then the kitchen area. The countertops were of polished granite, and the sink was made of stainless steel. 

There was a bar above the sink meant for towels, and a built in microwave was above that. It had a large see through to peer into the living room, and not to mention it's storage closet was also nicely made. 

All the way to the right, past the livingroom, were two doors. One room being the master bedroom and the other, just a room for however we wanted it. 

And the door on the left wall we passed upon entering the apartment was the guest bathroom.

'This place is... Beautiful!!'

"No." I looked at Levi in horror and confusion. 

"Why da hell not, kid!?" Kenny asked, clearly offended. 

"I don't want to owe you money later in the future for this. I'd rather die, than be in debt to you." 

"L-Levi..." I gasped his name in response to his behavior towards his uncle. 

"Tch...yer like yer mother but an asshole about it. I'm offerin' to by this place for ya, because I know how pricey those damn dorms are gettin'. I'll buy ya this apartment, and then you guys pay rent 'n shit. And ya won't owe anythin' to me. Sound like a deal?" Kenny asked, fixing his hat a bit. 

"I said-" 

"We'll think about it!" I interjected, with a nervous smile. 

Levi gave a side glance and rolled his eyes. 

"Fine. Make up yer minds by the end of this week." He said leaving. 

I sighed and looked at Levi, who looked at me with a blank expression with his arms crossed. 

"Are you insane?" I asked. 

He scoffed and averted his gaze from me. 

"You always reject anything he offers you. Why is that?" 

"Don't worry about it..." 

"But I wanna..." He sighed, annoyed. 

"I understand, but...you might not understand. No." 

"Leeeeevvvvvviiiiii..." I dragged his name out tumultuously, making him pinch the bridge of his nose. 

"It's because he tries to hard!" He exclaimed suddenly, making me jump. 

He noticed he frightened me a bit and sighed, approaching me and bringing me into a warm embrace. 

"Sorry..." 

I hugged back. "It's fine...what do you mean he tries too hard?" 

"It's...as though he tries too hard to be the dad I never had. I don't want a dad who will pay my college tuition, and pay for anything else I need help with. I want him to be my asshole uncle who bickers with my mom and I from time to time. Now, he just pops in to make sure she's fine, gives her money, and leaves again. Same with me. It was never like that before..." Levi explained, leaning on the counter that connected to the kitchen from the living room.