PLANNING

Monday, December 22nd, XXXX - 6:05pm

(Reader's POV)

Levi's been acting outlandish ever since we got back from the lodge. 

Anytime I asked him about something, he was so out of thought he wouldn't realize I was trying to get his attention unless I practically shouted at him. 

I'm starting to worry...He isn't going deaf, is he? 

We sat in the living room watching tv. Well, mostly me.

He was going through stuff on his phone. I was laying across the love seat of the couch, while he sat upright on the seat...on the waaayy otherside of the couch.

I checked the time and rolled my eyes. "Dang it...hey, short stack." I called out to him. 

No reply. 

"Levi..." 

Still no response. 

I then took one of the pillows and hurled it at him, and this time...it hit him.

"The hell...?" He cursed. 

"I was trying to say something!" I exclaimed. 

"Oh, then what?" He asked. 

"I gotta go, my shift at that floral shop starts." I said getting up. 

"Alright then." 

"Also, you okay? You've been hella out of it." 

He gave a cringed expression when I said the word 'hella'

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it." 

I wanted to worry about it, but instead of pressing on the matter, I left for work.

On the way out, I saw Annie waiting for the elevator.

"Hello, Annie." I said with a smile and wave. She waved back shyly with her blank expression. I stood next to her and waited for the elevator to come up. 

It was...kinda awkward, to be honest. 

When it finally came up, we went in and both went for the 1st floor button. 

"Oh, you too, huh?" I chuckled. 

She nodded, and I pressed it for the both of us.

"So, you going to the bar?" I asked, trying to make up conversation. 

She tucked some of her blonde hair behind her right ear. "Yeah...Reiner is out sick." 

"Oh no...and it's almost Christmas, too. What luck." I said sympathetically. 

"Honestly, I think it's a good thing. He needs a break. He's annoying for one, and he's always trying too hard." She said.  

I giggled. "That's Reiner. How about Bertholdt?" 

She looked up, trying to read her thoughts. "Today's the last day for him, then he's taking his leave for the holidays to be with his family. He invited me to go with him, too." 

"Oh? You gonna go?" I asked her. 

She shrugged. "I dunno." 

"Why? Oh, are you going home for the holi..." 

"No." She said coldly.

My smile had lost all meaning. "Hm, well if you don't want to see your family then I say go with Bert." 

She looked over at me. "Why is that?" 

"Well, just think about it. He was thinking about you when he asked, maybe trying to spread Christmas cheer. I mean, it's better than being here alone."