MAD CITY

ㄱ ㄱ ㄱ

Eventually, the rest of boys woke up groaning and fussing about the throbbing pain they felt.

"Jisung you dumbfuck, how did you not know the difference between and beer bottle and a soda bottle?" Asked Donghyuck, scooping up a bit of soup and blowing on it.

"Chenle was distracting me with his screeching! I was so embarrassed I just grabbed whatever and rushed to the register, wanting to get out of there as soon as possible." Jisung explained pouting.

"It wasn't my fault there was a bug on the ramen cup I picked up!" Defended Chenle.

"Bugs are tiny, just kill them. It's not like they'll grow into some godzilla or something."

"I STRONGLY DISAGREE. HAVE YOU SEEN A SPIDER BITE? THOSE THINGS CAN GIVE YOU SYMPTOMS OF A GIRL ON HER PERIOD BUT TEN TIMES WORSE!" Jaemin said, exaggerating his words.

"Boys, chill before I shove a chopstick up your asses...Well, except Jisung." Mrs.Lee snapped, giving the boys a slight glare to shut them up.

"What is up with everyone loving the maknae?" Complained Donghyuck.

"Because."

"Because what mom?"

"Just because." His mom replied making the red head face palm. "I don't know why I ask anymore."

On the other hand, Jeno and Renjun were eating quietly. Quite tired from the previous night and not having the energy to form actual words. Memories from last night haunted the boys, making the atmosphere a bit awkward. But with the help of Donghyuck's mom, the boys felt a little less tense.

"Oh, I never asked but why are you back so early Mrs.Lee?" Asked Chenle, raising up an eyebrow.

"Ah, well you see, Yonghwa got sick over there and the hospitals didn't let her get treatment or anything so we had to rush back here." She explained,"And please don't ask how she got sick. Please."

Upon hearing his mother's name, Jeno's ear perked up," My mom got sick? And she didn't tell me?"

"Oh honey, she was too sick to do anything really. We tried to enter her phone to contact you but her password was too complicated to figure out." Mrs.Lee explained to the boy.

"Yup that's my mom for you. I one time saw her put in her passcode and my brain almost corrupted. But, is she okay now?"

"Yes, she's in much better condition than before thank god."

Jeno sighed in relief, glad that his mother was fine and doing well.

While the boys and Donghyuck's mother chatted animatedly about all of Donghyuck's most embarrassing moments (Donghyuck didn't approve of this by the way. He looked like a tomato the whole time his mom was talking.), there was someone upstairs going through a certain boy's drawers.

The intruder decided to take a hoodie the boy normally wore, taking a big whiff of the boy's sent, they sighed in pure bliss. Deciding that they should leave before they get caught, they climbed back out of the window, leaving the villa with the boy's hoodie in hand.

"There was this one time when Hyuckie was pretending to check out a girl because he thought I hated gays, and let me tell you, he looked like Lucas imitating Justin Bieber. And he was only 13 at the time!" They boys and Donghyuck's mom laughed out loud, making the red head want to jump off a building due to all of this embarrassment.

"Mom can you like stop? This is too embarrassing for me." Donghyuck tried to asked.

"Aye, okay okay, that's enough of 'Dongfuck's Most Embarrassing Moments In Life' for today. Anyways, did you boys plan to do anything today?" His mom questioned, making Donghyuck mentally sighed in relief.

"No. We really didn't do much except go out to eat or take a swim at the lake near the hiking trail." Replied Mark.

"Oh dear, your summer's been dryer than my sons social life. Well, you guys are in luck today because I heard there was a summer festival taking place tonight. They should have a lot of food stands and games and such. I also think they're holding a special event of some sorts, I don't know. You guys should go, it'll be fun I'm sure of it." Mrs.Lee smiled encouragingly towards the boys.

"Sure, let's go then. Sounds fun enough." Mark said, the other boys nodding in agreement.

-🐢-

That night, the boys piled out of the villa in a whirlwind of excitement. Donghyuck's mother had decided it was her time to leave the boys to go back to the girls, so she waved the boys goodbye and gave her son a big hug. Then she proceeded to get into her car and drive off.

Mrs.Lee had gave them directions on how to get there, and it wasn't that far at all. It took place in a part of town where Rainbow Co. was located.

"Oh my god, I can't wait to eat some hotteok. I've been craving that since my mom made it for me on my birthday." Chenle said, rubbing his stomach.

Jisung stared at the boy and all he could think of was how freaking cute the elder was. His thoughts were intervened when his phone vibrated, indicating a message.

Pulling out his phone, the screen displayed part of Nawon's text. While walking, he opened up the text to see what she wanted.

WONTONSOUP

Hey Sungie~
I was hoping you'd
want to go to the
summer festival with
me tonight. Just me
and you :)

Ah, I'm going with
my hyungs. You can
join if you want.
I'm sure they won't
mind

Can't you just ditch
them or something? I
mean I'm practically
your girlfriend now.
I should be your number
one priority

Um, but like, I never
really officially
asked you to be my
girlfriend? Also,
they're my family.
I can't ditch family
Nawon.

But you can ditch
your girlfriend.
Ok that makes perfect
sense

Nawon, I don't know
why you're getting
so worked up over this.
We've only went on
one date, and again,
I've never asked you
to officially be my
girlfriend. I'm also
starting to think
that we should just
stay friends. After
you tried to kiss me,
I realized that I only
enjoyed your presence
as a friend. Nothing
more. I'm sorry I
just don't see you
the same way you see
me, Nawon.

-🐳-

ya gorl just
got friend zoned
lol