BLACK ON BLACK

ㄱ ㄱ ㄱ

"Hey."

"Hey."

After Jaemin left, Mark knocked on the latter's door a few seconds later. Donghyuck answered with a 'come in', and Mark slowly entered the room with a paper bag in hand. The younger male patted on the spot in front of him and motioned for the elder to come sit down. Mark complied and did what Donghyuck said, after leaving the paper bag on the boy's nightstand of course.

"So, um...you like me." Mark started off awkwardly, rubbing the nape of his neck.

"Yeah. I do." Donghyuck responded with the same awkward tone, avoiding the elder's gaze.

"I wanted to say that...uh...how do I say this? I'm sorry Hyuck. For being so slow with things, I mean. I didn't mean to but by me not noticing your feelings, you've gotten hurt--"

Donghyuck sighed," I need to stop you right there mister. First of all, you're not at fault here just because you're just naturally clueless. I should be he one saying sorry since I couldn't even wait for you. I must've hurt you too, and I'm sorry for that."

Sure, it did hurt Donghyuck's pride a bit but who cares at this point? He should be understanding of the elder too.

"And it's okay if you don't accept my feelings. Like I get it. Don't worry--"

"Who said I didn't accept your feelings Hyuck?" Now it was Mark's turn to cut Donghyuck off.

"What?" Donghyuck's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked up at the elder.

"I-I like you too. I honestly didn't think I'd like you this much either. Remember when I said I didn't mind your clinginess? I also don't mind you doing all that skinship. Neither do I mind your random kisses on the cheek. Don't get me wrong here, it was a bit annoying at first but for some reason, I started to like them a lot. This feeling, I could never explain accurately, but I always feel it around you. A sense of protectiveness, endearment, fondness? I thought about it for nights on end until I finally admitted it to myself." Donghyuck was flabbergasted. He waited for what Mark had to say next and to say the least, his heart was beating so loud, he could feel it in his throat.

"That I, Mark Lee, had fallen for Lee Donghyuck."

The younger didn't know what to say, so he just tackled Mark down onto the bed with a bone crushing hug.

"Oof." Was the sound Mark made when he felt the younger fall on top of him.

"You aren't fucking playing with me right?" Donghyuck questioned. looking up from Mark's chest.

"Do you think I would say a whole ass essay just to not actually have feelings for you in the end?" Mark asked back, a playful smile plastered on his face.

"I don't know, you might."

"Oh shut up, I would never. Not with the boy I'm in love with, hell no."

Donghyucked flushed pink and buried his face back into the elder's chest, whining.

"Stop that."

"Stop what Hyuck?"

"Being so goddamn cheesy." Mark just replied with a chuckle, running his fingers through the younger's faded red locks.

"If you want me to stop being so cheesy, then you have to stop being so cute."

"I'm not cute." Donghyuck tightened his hold on the elder.

Mark could imagine Donghyuck pouting into his chest and smiled at the thought.

"Yes you are. You make me bust the biggest uwu."

"Did you just say 'uwu', out loud?" Donghyuck then picked his head off of Mark's chest to face the elder once again.

"Yeah, you got a problem with it?"

The younger's laugh was music to Mark's ears. He would record and reply it on repeat if he could. "You're so lame."

"I'm only lame for you."

"Oh my god, you're so fucking cheesy! Cheese who? I don't know her, I only know Mork Lee."

The rest of the time was spent with Mark saying lame cheesy lines while Donghyuck just enjoyed being in the elder's embrace, laughing at all of Mark's lines. The other's heard Donghyuck's laughter  mixed with Mark's laughter from downstairs and they all sent each other looks.

"See? What did I tell you? Y'all can call me Nana, The Love Doctor from now on." Jaemin put down his game controller into the coffee table and crossed his arms, leaning back into the couch.

The other boys applauded Jaemin.

"I know, I know. Now we just have to plan out phase two. The celebration."

"Aw, why do they get a celebration but we don't?" Whined Chenle, giving Jaemin puppy dog eyes.

"What do you mean? The celebration is for all of us. I wanted to hold a party for just the seven of us before summer ends and what better excuse than to throw one now?"

"YAY! PARTY!" Chenle cheered, and honestly, everyone thought the exact same thing.

'Why is Jisung the maknae?/ Why am I the maknae?'

"But! No alcohol. We all remembered what happened last time when we drank alcohol." Renjun warned, acting like the mother he his.

"That was an accident hyung! It's not my fault those beer bottles looked like soda bottles!" The youngest whined and started sulking.

"Whatever you say Jisung Pwar--"

A loud scream was heard from upstairs, stopping the boys from continuing their conversation.

"MARK! STOP THAT! NO NOT THERE--"

"What the fuck! I told them no fucking! I swear to god, where are my slippers and holy water?" Jaemin was about to rush upstairs to drown the two in holy water until he heard a string of laughter.

"BITCH I SWEAR TO GOD, I'M GONNA KILL YOU. YOU KNEW THAT I WAS TICKLISH--"

The boys bursted out laughing as Jaemin sat himself back down, sighing in relief.

"So, does this mean Operation Markhyuck was a success?" Asked Jeno.

No one really needed to answer the question, as the question was already answered for them. It was great finally seeing these two get together. A happy ending indeed...

-🐳-

i wanna jump off a cliff
i cannot hype
unless it's the euphoria fanchant
then that's different