WHIPLASH

ㄱ ㄱ ㄱ

Chenle was sitting in his seat at the campfire spot in the backyard, just contemplating life. Well, not exactly that, but close enough.

He had the marked up pictures with him, looking through each one. Hell, he was so sad that his pictures got marked up. They were precious memories and somebody just had to come and destroy them.

He made it to the second to last picture. It was a picture of him and everyone at the lake. Everyone had a cheerful smile on and it made him crack a smile as well.

It's only been a few weeks but it felt like he knew these boys his whole life. They were like a second family to him now.

Then, he put that photo to the side, revealing the final photo.

It was of him and Jisung.

They were playing around and taking random pictures for fun and Chenle had decided that they should take a picture together. For memories, he said.

That day, Jisung was feeling mischievous, so just as Chenle clicked the button, the younger kissed him on the cheek. After the picture was taken, Chenle gave a Jisung a slap on the arm, face red.

He said he would dispose of the photo immediately, and he 'did'. In reality, when he left to 'throw away the photo', he kept in his bathroom drawer for the time being.

It was his favorite photo besides the group photos. But now, the photo had an ugly red 'x' over his face.

"So you did keep it."

On instinct, he put to photo to his chest, hiding it. Looking up, he saw Jisung with two cups of what seemed to be hot chocolate.

"Keep what?" Chenle asked, too embarrassed to actually admit that he did keep it.

"The photo silly." Jisung dragged on over his seat with his foot and took a seat next to Chenle.

He brought up the cup to the elder's face and Chenle took the cup, saying a small thank you.

"I keep a lot of photos Jisung." Chenle went ahead and took a sip of the chocolaty goodness.

"You know which photo I'm taking about."

"What? No I don't. What was on the photo then?" He asked.

Jisung raised a brow,"It's better if I demonstrate it. You don't mind that, do you?"

"N-Not at all." Chenle could feel his heartbeat speeding up.

He just sat there as Jisung leaned in to give him a quick peck on the cheek. It was like that day all over again. A warm and fuzzy feeling filled Chenle's heart.

"Do you know which picture I'm talking about now?"

The elder nodded, revealing his prized picture. Jisung frowned at the big red 'x' on Chenle's face. Taking the picture from the elder's hands, he studied the red mark over the boy's face.

"Chenle-hyung."

"Yeah?"

"Do you have your camera with you?"

"Well, it's up in my room. Why?"

"Can you bring it down please? There was this one thing I wanted to take a picture of, but I want to do it with your camera." Jisung explained.

"Okay then. Just stay here, I'll go and get it. Be right back." With that, the blonde took off into the villa to retrieve his precious camera.

Meanwhile Jisung started looking through the other pictures tainted with red. It was really a waste. So many memories, yet some dick just had to come around a ruin them.

He understood why Chenle was so upset over his pictures getting ruined. Honestly, he would've felt the same way.

"Here you go." Looking up from the photos, he saw a camera held up to his face.

"Ah, thank you hyung." The younger carefully took the sticker covered camera into his hands, flipping it to the lens side.

He motioned for Chenle to stand by him and so the elder obliged, walking over to his side and crouch down to be in frame.

Jisung raised the camera up, selfie style.

With furrowed brows, he turned to the younger,"Jisung what are you—"

"Cheese!"

Before Chenle could say anything else, Jisung turned to the side and kissed the elder on the lips. The flash went off along with a small click sound, signaling that the photo was indeed taken.

The younger pulled away and waited for the photo to come out of the slot. Meanwhile, Chenle was frozen in shock.

'What just happened? Did Jisung just do that? Park Jisung. Just did that.'

Jisung took out the photo and waited for it to process. He really wanted to shake it around but he knows it's only going to ruin it, and he sure as hell, doesn't want to ruin it.

Once the photo finally processed, he gave it to Chenle with a bright smile.

"There, all fixed. The new and improved."

Chenle took it, treating it as if it was fragile glass.

"Oh wait, do you have a pen or marker hyung?"

"Huh—? Oh, um, here." Face still flushed pink, he pulled out a black marker he brought along with him.

He took the marker and held out his hand, motioning to the photo in Chenle's hand. So, the elder handed it over, watching as Jisung started to write something on the bottom part of it.

Once he was done, he capped the marker and returned both things to the elder boy.

"Just a summer token. I hope this makes up for the other photo." Jisung said, hoping that it did cheer Chenle up.

He couldn't bare seeing the elder upset.

"Thank you, Jisung. Really. I really appreciate you comforting and being there for me all the time." Chenle couldn't help but feel all warm inside again.

The boy was just too precious.

He took another look at the freshly processed photo. It was embarrassing, yes, but it held value in Chenle's heart.

This was like their what? Third kiss?

This surely meant that Jisung liked him back right?

-🐳-

i swear to jisoos
the education system just
absolutely loves tests and
making kids suffer