DREAM IN A DREAM

ㄱ ㄱ ㄱ

"So, um, Hyuck just sent me a long ass paragraph about how depressed he his because Mark apparently didn't chase after him after he confessed?" Jaemin said out loud to the two who were sitting in front of him.

"Donghyuck confessed?" Jeno's eyes were wide in pure shock.

Jaemin nodded, taking a sip of his iced coffee.

Renjun just sighed,"Jeez, with Hyuck's impatient and 'jump to conclusions' nature and Mark's slow and oblivious nature, I wouldn't expect anything less from the two. They both like each other but their paces aren't synced up."

"Wow, we stan cupid Renjun." Jaemin commented, making sense of what the elder said.

"So, should we step in and help or do we leave them be?" The black haired male asked.

"We have to step in. Knowing the two of them, they'll just sulk around and won't do anything." Renjun explained.

"Operation Markhyuck?" Jaemin suggested.

"Operation Markhyuck." They agreed.

-🐢-

"We have gathered here today to set sail the Markhyuck ship" Announced Jaemin, pacing around on the carpeted floor on his room.

The other's except for Mark and Donghyuck were sitting on Jaemin's bed. After their shopping trip, Jaemin decided to gather the Chensung duo into the operation. It was pretty late at night so he was pretty sure the other two were asleep, making it the perfect time to plan out the operation.

"How are we going to do this? Mark and Donghyuck hyung seem really tense at the moment." Asked the maknae.

"You see, this is where the counseling comes in. I'll go talk to the two privately, making sure I have both sides. Once I get them to pour out their deepest emotions about each other, that's where you guys come in. I'll somehow get Mark to step up his game and ask the boy out and so that's when you guys start planning things. Our goal is to get rid of this brick wall between the two so they can live happily ever after, and so that my Markhyuck heart can be at rest." The caramel haired boy explained, making hand motions throughout his explanation.

"Nana, even if they did get together, they'll just get separated again." Renjun stated.

As much as he hates to admit it, Renjun was right. Then another thought entered his mind.

He too will be separated from Jeno and Renjun once summer officially ends for them. Pushing the thought away, he focused on making his friends happy first. Honestly, Jaemin was too kind for his own good. Thinking about other people's happinesses before his own.

"I know, but I want to at least get them to understand each other more romantically. They're both depressed right now and I don't want them separating on a bad note--okay, that's really depressing now that I think about it. Fuck." The said boy started to chew on his nails, thinking about the day they'll all separate from one another.

Jeno, seeing how stressed the younger was, he slipped off the bed and went over to the pacing boy. He blocked Jaemin's way as the younger looked up at Jeno questioningly. Jeno then cupped his cheeks, making Jaemin drop his hand from his mouth.

"You need to calm down Nana. I know you can do this but don't over-stress yourself with it. We're all here for you, okay?" Jeno placed a gentle kissed on the latter's lips, then placed another one on his forehead, smiling afterwards.

A smile grew on Jaemin's lips, his eyes shaping into crescent moons. Thanks to Jeno, somehow all the stress he was feeling instantly disappeared. Like it was never even there before.

"Aw, I wanna do that too." Chenle silently whined.

Renjun was a bit too occupied cooing at the other two to even notice Jisung leaning in to kiss Chenle on the lips.

"Better?" Jisung asked, smirking at Chenle's burning face.

"Definitely."

-🐢-

After the small meeting, they all decided that they needed some sleep. It was around 1am, when they all broke off into their own rooms, leaving Jaemin by himself with his thoughts.

The boy sat there on his bed, back against the headboard, staring blankly at the darkened TV screen in front of him.

He recalled that one time he and Jeno were playing Mario Kart and he lost. He remembered Jeno pinning him up against the very headboard he was leaning on, and felt his cheeks heat up.

Then another time when Renjun wanted to 'try' something on him. Which resulted in the two kissing, enjoying the feeling of each other's lips.

Oh how he was going to miss the two of them them. He didn't know when they were going to be able to see each other face to face again after this summer ends.

Then with school in the way, they were sure going to get hella busy. Leaving them with little to no time to talk.

Jaemin knew better than to dwell on such thoughts but could you really blame him? He liked—no loved the two boys dearly.

Everyday, he feels like he's falling for them more and more.

A sad smile resided on the latter's lips, recalling all those precious moments. He was going to miss them a lot. More than ever.

But maybe these feelings were meant to last for just a summer. A simple summer love. A love that only lasted the summer, leaving as soon as they get back to their normal lives.

"Fuck. That can't be it. No way." Jaemin silently denied, feeling his tears at the brink of falling.

He had never felt anything like this. Even with his previous boyfriends. He's never felt so elated to be next to someone. He'd never craved someone's lips and touch more than the two boys' touch and lips. His heart had never beat so fast around someone besides the two boys.

Every moment with them, he just felt this overwhelming euphoric feeling within him. He couldn't help but notice that he smiled brighter when they were around.

They were practically irreplaceable.

-🐳-

i was really curious
as to how long it took me to
write a chapter (about 1000+ words normally)
so i timed myself and got
30 minutes and 46 seconds
i literally just sat there
staring at the time amazed
like wtf? how in the—?
anywhore, hoped you
enjoyed this double
shots of depression :)))