ePiLoGuE

ㄱ ㄱ ㄱ

"I fucking hate school. I despise it so much, why do I have to go? Mom, what benefit does measuring 3D shapes give me in life?"

"It helps you know how big your head is." His mother answered.

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"You know what they say, the bigger the head, the smaller the brain." Yuhyun remarked, rolling along the red shopping cart.

"Wow thanks for your encouraging words mother." The latter rolled his eyes, picking up a couple spiral notebooks and throwing them in the cart.

"No problem son."

Yuhyun pushed along the cart as her son piled in school supplies and food. Mostly food. If it wasn't already obvious, the two were school shopping for Donghyuck.

The latter said that he didn't want to go shopping for hell but his mom still dragged him out to the supermarket. So here he was, with his mom, school supply shopping. Well more like food supply shopping but y'know.

It was a couple days after that depressing day and Donghyuck was still trying to adjust to not having the boys around him 25/8. He was having a hard time in doing so and same goes for the other six.

But he had to get used to it sooner or later. At least he still had his hyungs at school. He'll be okay.

Huh, wasn't that a lie. His father was coming to visit later this evening and he was nervous as hell. He didn't know how to feel about this sudden visit from the man that physically and mentally abused him.

His mom had said that she couldn't really say no because he technically had the right to visit. It was just odd that he, after many years without sparing a glance at them, suddenly comes back. It was just weird.

After their little shopping trip, the two made it back home to tidy up the house a bit. Donghyuck sweeping the house while his mother tided up things.

Right after they finished the sound of the doorbell rung throughout the house, "Speak of the devil."

Yuhyun made her way to the door and hesitantly opened it to reveal the man who she once loved.

"Hey." The man greeted, offering her a small smile.

"Don't 'hey' me mister. Now tell me the actual reason for this visit." She demanded, still blocking the doorway of the house.

Yuhyun is a very cut to the chase woman, and she wasn't going to take any bullshit from her ex-husband.

"Okay then, still as feisty as always I see."

"Just tell me why you're here. I know you aren't here to just visit. There's something more to it, I just know it."