Interview - Flora Black

I stared back at my reflection in the mirror, smiling at the person I had become. My hair curled perfectly at my shoulders, as usual. A sparkling white gown covered most of my body, with thin straps at my shoulders and the dress itself cutting off at my knees. The glitter, sparkles, and shiny gems on the dress shine brightly under the light. My bright purple eyes stared back at me. They were actually emerald green, but I had convinced my stylist to let me wear colored contacts to change that. I wore shining silver heels, which had amethysts, emeralds, diamonds, and a ton of other precious gems engraved into it. I looked beautiful.

I turned around to face my stylist, Carmelia. Her rainbow hair was tied in a bun and her eyes were the same color- rainbow. She too wore colored contacts, which went nicely with her rainbow dress, and of course, to match the theme, rainbow heels. Carmelia squealed and clapped her hands together in excitement. "You look gorgeous, dear! The capital is going to love you!" She exclaimed, and I smiled.

"Now, off to the interviews!" She squeaked happily, grabbing my wrist and pulling me after her. I almost tripped in my heels as I struggled to keep up with her- if I didn't I would definitely trip. The prep room we used was in a halfway, which was connected to the backstage waiting erea.

I excited the hallway, still being pulled by Carmelia, who dragged me down to a stone bench. She then released my wrist, and I rubbed the sore red mark her grip had left. Within seconds Carmelia had left to join the audience. I smiled as I remembered I would be the first tribute to be interviewed, how good for me!

I waited at the steps to the stage, and heard a female voice. "Now, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our first tribute to be interviewed, Flora Black!" The crowd roared wildly as I made my way onto the stage, a cheeky grin painted across my face. I take a seat in one of the velvet chairs, the other of which was occupied by Ruby Shimmer, the interviewer.

She wore a long, bright red dress that falls to her ankles, a band of rubies pulling the dress tight at the wiast. The top of the dress, which curled around her neck, was decorated with rubies, as were the straps, which crawled over her shoulders.

Her light brown hair was pulled high into a bun, tied with a bright red rubber band. Rubies were weaved throughout her hair, glitteringunder the lights and reflection patterns across the wall. "Before we begin, Ruby, I must say, you look stunning." I complimented.

Ruby blushed a little. "Why thank you! You look nice yourself. Now, for the first question, how are you enjoying the capital?" Asked Ruby, a delighted smile smeared across her lovely face.

I smiled in response. "I love it here! It's amazing! The food and clothing is nice, but the beds and showers are way better than home. But the best part is here tonight, getting to meet you." I smiled. Ruby blushed, which she seemed to be doing a lot of lately.

"Thank you. You are really so nice." Smiled Ruby. "Why did you volunteer?" She asked. The capital knew the basic answer, but they probably wanted a longer answer. An explanation. So I gave them that.

"I volunteered because I am obviously a career. Although there isn't really a career alliance, several careers are with me though, with a few others. But I am good with weapons, willing to do anything to win, and definitely prepared for what is prepared for me." I grinned, pushing my hair behind my ear.

"Well, you seem like you will make it far!" Said Ruby happily. "Who stands out the most to you this year?" I thought to all the other tributes. Caella was a unique tribute, although Clement was interesting as well. 

"I'll have to say Clara, or Averlyn. Clara is an amazing person. She is a really nice person, I'm glad she is in my alliance. I love the way she looks thoug. Averlyn's eyes are cool, though. Striking." I said confidently. Ruby smiled, and nodded her head.

"Is Clara the biggest threat? Who is?" Asked Ruby. I thought to all the tributes. Any tribute could kill me, which is why I had to always be alert. Some tributes well hid what they are capable of.

"The biggest threat is the tribute who defeats me.. Who in the end could be anyone. You would be surprised what people do in the games. It changes them. Drives them mad, leading them to kill each other. But that provides a good show. Very intresting, I must say." I answered, smiling.

"Who do you think is the weakest?" Ruby asked, leaning towards me.

"I won't say any names, but I do have a tribute in mind." I winked, they would have to wait until the bloodbath to find out my first target. Poor capital.

"Do you have any loved ones? A boyfriend, siblings, parents?" Smirked Ruby. She scratched the back of her neck as she waited for my response.

"Believe it or not, I am actually single!" I laughed, the crowd quickly joining in. "I have my parents, as well as my brother, and sister." I finished. Only a few more questions before the interview would end.

"What do you miss about back home?" Ruby smiled, and I returned the smile. I was super happy to be here, it was my dream.

"Training. But I can do that on a live target now!" I cheered, and the crowd roared happily, screaming my name and other things, I couldn't understand what they were saying because it was too loud.

"Last question- do you think you have a chance of winning?"

"Of course! Why else would I have volunteered?" I smiled.

"Alrighty! Give it up for Flora Black, district one!"