Task 7 - Alexander Lacey

I was sure I was dead when I fell flat on my face. I knew that was funny because I also was metaphorically was flat on my face.

I couldn’t remember much. I jumped out the magical door to see an illusion. Aspen wasn’t there. It was Clara. The sprinted out the door in a hurry. I wasn’t sure why.  As soon as that happened, I heard a cracking and felt my face collided with the floor. Then all I saw was black.

Luckily, only a few seconds had gone by. I, unfortunately, couldn’t remember anything that had happen. Why did the factory have its lights on? Why was I on the ground? What happened to everyone else?

I stood up and took a look around. As soon as I did, I wished I hadn’t. Of course, a zombie would be approaching me. Why on earth would anything less dangerous come at me? Stupid capital fans and their obsession with zombie TV shows. Occasionally they would show ad’s about them on the weekly capital update. One was called “The Living Dead”. Apparently, it was a big deal in the Capital.  Seems stupid to me. If only I could have watched it to save my but though. That would have been great right now.

I carefully stood up. I tried to recall if we had already seen them, but I couldn’t remember anything since the sound of the gong. I quickly snatched a backpack next to me. A few throwing knifes laid next to it. A good enough weapon for me.

I pushed up against the cold tile floor, my heart racing. I took a look back at the zombie, who was slowly making his was toward me. He was a sickly yellow color with scratches and bruises that were red, pink, purple, and blue.  A axe stuck out of his head, and he acted as if it wasn’t there. He was missing bot his feet, so he was having a whale of a time getting to me.

I took off toward the door. I heard the zombie hiss and growl. If that was supposed to make me come toward it, then that wasn’t very good bait. To be a little honest, it made me run faster.

As soon as I touched the door, I knew it was cold. The cold meet my fingers as soon as the door cracked open. It was definitely frosty, as definite as it was dark. Night had set on the arena, perfect time for Zombies.

My first step outside and I almost fell on my face again. I caught myself. I wasn’t going to mess up again. Not this time, Hunger Games!

I looked around to see who was left. I saw the kid from eleven, what was his name, Stone? What a funny name. Wonder where his parents got the inspiration….

Anyways, Stone was running from some quick moving zombies, much faster than the zombie inside. Let’s refer to him as George. George looked was worse than these zombies. These looked pale and cut up. Almost as if they just died. The had all their limbs (Maybe a few were missing eyes (( I didn’t have much time to decoded officially)), but that didn’t seem to stop them).

I looked to the right to see Clara fighting a zombie one similar to George. He was crawling in the grass, missing Clara’s attacks, slowing inching toward her.  She looked very frustrated with George #2 (His name) and was just about to go into ‘As long as I murder this thing, I don’t care what happens’ mode.

I quickly looked for the fourth tribute. I knew I wouldn’t have much time before the attacked me too. So as I looked around, I saw Clement holding his ground against several horrifying dog looking zombies. They were barking and running around like they had rabies, which is something that they probably have.  They were trying to bite Clement when they could get close. Otherwise they were fighting themselves. Almost as if they didn’t know who the real enemy was.

It was also then when I noticed the lightning destroying each and every building. The crackling was a bone-chilling sound.  It reminded me of a night a long time ago. I was nine, almost ten, and I hadn’t been on my own long. I had just found an abandoned building where I could stay for the night. I was making my plans about my father when a storm brewed up. Let’s just say the house lit on fire and I almost died. That started a long chain of events where I almost died.