Task 3 - Female Entries

Flora Black

 I sat down, my legs crossed and my back resting against the side of the cornucopia. I looked at the cracked pavement and the caved in buildings, it only took one glance to send a shiver down my spine. Only minutes ago, I had been circling the horn on guard, but I could settle down now since Clara was on watch.

I leaned back, relaxing, and closed my eyes with a sigh as I adjusted to Winter's warm breathing on my wrist. I coughed into my arm, muffling the noise as a fog slowly crept towards us. "Is that something we should be worried about?" Asked a quiet voice behind me. I squeaked like a little mouse in surprise and turned my neck to see Clara, who was pointing at the slowly advancing fog.

I shook my head. "Naw, it's fine. I would exept this kind of weather in an area like this." I said casually, I loved being right. Clara sighed and walked away, she probably thought I was wrong. Well, she would see later that I was right and the fog was nothing to worry about.

I yelped as someone pinched my arm. "Ow!" I complained, punching my attacker. A blur of blue flashed in front of my face and my jaw dropped. "Oh my God, Clara, I am so sorry!" I gasped, looking at Clara, who was laying on her back, her head crazy and blood dripping from her nose. "Ouch."

Clara ended up okay, her nose had stopped bleeding quickly. "As I was going to say before you punched me, the fog is really close." She frowned. I rolled my eyes, there was no reason to be worried, the fog was normal. But I was even more upset she had woken me up over THIS.

I resisted the urge to punch the stuffing out of Clara but before I could an icy grip tugged at my ankle. It burned a lovely part of skin. The fog, Clara was right. Dammit Clara. I yelped, waking up Arro, either that or it was the fog.

Aero yelled in pain. "Wake up!" He yelled loudly, and within seconds everyone was on their feet. "Run, head for the water!" She shouted. I shot him a stone cold death glare. I snarled.

"That's my job." I hissed angrily. "Run. Head for the water!" I shouted, and everyone took off running. I didn't pay attention to where my allies went, all I was aware was my skin was burning away. A foot stuck out of a building tripping me. I tumbled forewords, and jumped to my feet. I pulled a rope out of my pocket. 

It was David. I easily overpowered him, wrestling him to the ground. I bound his arms and legs, and I was sure he would have a slow, painful death. I kept running, grinning at the pain David would be in. I could see the water and dived forewords.

An arm wrapped around my neck from behind, yanking me under. I wrapped my legs around the waist of my attacker, and straightened my legs, forcing them down. The grip easily released my neck, and I grabbed the other tribute, pulling them under.

It wasn't long before they began to thrash. My lungs had only just begun to sting, and I would be able to stay here longer. The tribute, who I soon recognized as Blake, was beginning to grow weaker but so was I use. I put my feet on his shoulders, boosting myself up while he was pushed further down.

I gasped as I reached the surface, drawing air into my lungs. A cannon sounded, but Blake still pushed himself up slowly, so that would mean David. I took one last gulp of air before diving down, pulling Blake with me. He thrashed in the water before going still as a cannon sounded. Two tributes down.

The next thing I was aware of, Clara was beside me. I gonged her, listening as two cannons sounded. The rest of my allies ran towards the water, jumping in. "Who were the cannons for? I drowned Blake." I said. Aero sighed.

"We found David tied up and dead, the other two were for Phineas and Aspen." He explained, and the burns from the fog faded from our skin as the fog avoided the water. Happy hunger games.