Interview - Aero Luzi

My stylist, Crious, holds his gloved hand over my eyes as he shakes a certain can: hairspray. As I choke on the fumes, I stand and allow my hair to be styled into whatever wacky style I've gotten myself into.

My alliance consists of so many tributes, but my interests lay on the strong girl of District Seven: Winter. The two of us hit off right away, considering we have been next to each other in every order. With the way I am, I thought to introduce myself to the girl, and thankfully, she was sweet in return.

As the hand is removed from my eyes, the white is replaced with my reflection. My outfit, the traditional shirt-and-trouser combo, is accompanied by a velvet waistcoat and a green bowtie. My hair has been sprayed upwards, exposing the gradient of caramel coloured blondes my hair contains. It does often shock me that, naturally, there are brown tints in my hair.

"How do you feel?" Crious asks, tugging at the cuffs of his own formal attire. Crious, despite being the stereotypical Capitol citizen, is absolutely flawless in terms of appearance. His hair, a dark blue shade with white highlights dotted around, stands out from his porcelain skin and amber eyes. I wouldn't mind looking like him in the slightest.

Staring at my face once more, I crack a smile. "Absolutely stunning," I say, sucking in my breath as I admire the lime green bowtie, many shades lighter than the tree green velvet on the back of the luxurious waistcoat. "Thank you so much for this!"

Crious just smiles, his body almost frozen in the casual position he's in. "It's my job, no need to thank me, Aero." Despite saying this, I want to tank him more - he's blushing anyway, so he's obviously taken the thank you to heart.

He escorts me out of the room and to the line - a very broken line - of awaiting tributes. Within the bunch, I see the rest of my alliance: Caella, Clement, Flora, Nettie and Clara. The girls stand around, twiddling their hair and giggling as one cracks their idea of a joke, with Clement standing awkwardly on the side.

"Hey guys," I say, stepping between Clement and Clara. "How are you all on this fine evening?"

Caella fans herself with her hand, gasping slightly. "It's so hot out here, I can't even deal with it," she says her face flushed. "But I'm good, pretty excited to meet Ruby."

Clement just sighs. "I'm not sure I really want to do the interview," he mumbles, staring off into the distance. Clement is surprisingly nice for a Career, as are Flora, Clara and Nettie. Caella, Winter and I are the ones they recruited, wanted to have as allies. "How about you Aero?"

What for? I haven't figured out yet. They make me smile though, so I have zero problems with befriending them, learning to trust them. I doubt I'll let myself stay alone with Nettie or Flora, but if I'm with them in a big group, I see no problems.

You can never be too careful though, can you?

Smiling at the boy, I nod. "I'm pretty good thanks. I'm ready to show the world that I'm not afraid of entering this arena, that I am brave, strong." The girls just nod, looking me up and down. They haven't exactly made it discreet that they're into me, and that leaves me feeling slightly embarrassed. Then again, standing next to the likes of that lovely boy Collin, I can see why they're giving me the eye.

C'mon, Crious did an amazing job with my outfit. Even I'm happy with my appearance tonight. I do hate to sound arrogant, boastful, but tonight I think I look stunning.

"Hey guys!" The recognisable voice of Winter Harley from District Seven chimes around us as she squeezes next to me, blocking Clara from my view ever so slightly. Out of the entire alliance, I trust Winter the most and I'd love for her to make it home.

“Hey,” I chime, smiling at the petite blonde girl. “How you feeling today?” Her smile is beautiful, almost blinding. I remember seeing her on the television for the reaping and instantly falling in love with her.