Task 2 - The Bloodbath

You stand in the metal tube a breath deeply, many thoughts scattered throughout your mind. What will the arena be like? What will be in the cornucopia? How many people will die?

Will I die?

Suddenly, the tube begins to rise, and you begin to breath deeper, terrified of what is to come. Bright light hits you, and you have to blink several times before your eyes adjust. The golden cornucopia sits in front of you, towering above the tributes. You look around and realize that you and all the other tributes are in a town square. The cornucopia sits right in the centre.

You look around at the arena, and notice that the arena seems to be in a suburban town. But something’s off. Something’s wrong. You notice it in the cracked pavement, the decaying houses, the overgrown bushes that seem to have a life of its own as it suffocates the houses. There’s a strange gloom about the whole arena, like an abandoned ghost town. Far in the distance, you see the tall chimneys of a factory, and far behind you, you can hear the distant crashing of waves.

Before you know it, the gong sounds, and you are released from your pedestal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So for this task, you are to write about the bloodbath and also about the arena. I want you to write about the aftermath as well. Some sort of aftermath, I don’t care. Setting up camp, finding your allies, seeing the faces in the sky, whatever. Just some sort of aftermath.

PLEASE READ: Collin Olsen (District 3) and Rain Waters (District 8) have dropped out of the competition. You must kill them in your entry.

The arena is basically, a large, abandoned suburban town. The cornucopia is in the town square. The town is overgrown, some parts of the different houses are caved in, etc. In the centre of the entire arena is a large factory. The factory is not in use, so it is turned off and none of the machines in there work (thankfully too, there are some pretty nasty machines in there). No matter how hard you try, you cannot find the power source to turn on the factory, so don’t even try.

On the outskirts of the abandoned town is a beach, all the way around the arena like a circle. The water extends out quite a bit, and the force field is in the water.

You are to kill 6 tributes this task (Including Collin and Rain). No more, no less. You can kill them or someone else can kill them, or you could just not see them die and just see them in the sky at night. I just want to be shown that they are dead.

So this is how the elimination will go. Each tribute will get a score out of 12 for their entry. It will be added to their tribute score from the interview. Then, the amount of times they get killed in other peoples entries is the amount of points taken off their score. So, lets say a tribute named Rose got a 8 for her interview. Then for her bloodbath entry she gets a 9. That adds up to a total of 17 points. However, she is killed 3 times in other peoples entry. That means that her final score is 17 – 3, which equals 14.

The 6 tributes with the lowest scores will be on the chopping block. If you don’t hand in your bloodbath, you will be on the chopping block.

6 tributes will die this task (including the drop outs). 6 will be on the chopping block, and 2 will survive. The other 4 shall die. These 4 people do NOT include Collin or Rain. They will not be on the chopping block, they will automatically be killed. So, in total, the 6 deaths are Collin, Rain, and then the other 4 tributes who are eliminated.

SPONSOR PERK: Sponsered tributes, you can send me a secret ballot death. So when you hand in your entries, you are also to send me an extra death. Do NOT include this extra death in your entry. Just tell me the name of the tribute you want the extra death against and I will add it to their death toll. This is quite helpful, so choose your ballot death carefully.

Sponsored tributes also get an extra vote if they are placed on the chopping block.

This task is due on the 20th of August, 6pm, AUSTRALIAN TIME.

If you have any questions, just ask and I will clear it up.

WARNING LIST: (don’t hand in one more task and your eliminated)

-          Jadine Fairwood

-          Vernetta Reid