Interview - Alexandar Lacey

“You like or no?”

My annoying stylist had made me something normal for once. It just was a normal black tuxedo. I hated standing out, it made me think I was my sister. That annoying perfect princess. She stood out and got everything she ever wanted. All I ever got was ‘Better luck next time!’ or ‘Be more like your sister’.  No one noticed that I got all A’s or that I had the best grade in my class. They went wild over A-Lyn just for getting all B’s. I never got anything but an A. Not like my step dad cared. “Bad? What wrong?” Coala, my stylist asked.

“It’s fine. Now skedaddle or else,” I threatened. She quickly understood. Let’s just say we had already had one disagreement, and she didn’t want to see another.

Coala was soon gone. I first took a quick shower. After, I got dressed. I then waited for ten minutes for Coala to return. She came with a white rose. The tips were red. Almost like blood, if it isn’t blood anyways. She tucked it in my jacket pocket. She also suggested some makeup, in which I denied.

I took one last look in the mirror. This would be me in a week or so, standing in a dressy outfit, waiting for the interviews to start. The only difference will be that I am a victor then. Currently, I am only  a tribute.

I walk out of my room and walk to the elevator. I enter the elevator, not caring that I was supposed to wait for A-Lyn. After all, she is late and I am on time. I tell the avox working the elevator that I was going to the lobby. He pushes the button and the door closes. In less than ten seconds I was at the lobby.

I exit the elevator and head for the line of tributes waiting to start their interview. I zoned out for awhile, thinking of running around in the allies, training. I jumped of roofs, smashed windows, set fire to things, and much more. I once even put a hornet’s nest in a house. Those kids had the effects for a month.

“Welcome Phineus Flanch to the stage,” said Ruby, the interview lady for this years games. She had red hair that glimmered in the light, just like a ruby. Her eyes were a red color, just like a ruby. She also had a red dress made completely out of ruby gem stones. This girl stayed to her name. I looked in front of me to see A-Lyn turning around. She was going to go on about how she had so many friends, or how she catches fish, or how she talks about how perfect she is. I was tired of her.

I put my hand over her mouth. “Shut up you little perfect princess. I'm tired of your annoying voice,” I say honestly.

I see her face get red. “What the heck! Im not a perfect princess! No one calls me that, got it?” She grabs the collar of my tux and looks into my eyes. I see her shiver. My eyes were not normal. They are almost a weapon of some sort.

“Oh look!” I say pushing to her off me. “The perfect princess is trying to get her way, like always!” I would laugh, but I can’t. It’s just so pathetic on her part. She’s smaller than me, even though were twins and she’s older. True, she might be more athletic than me, but she will die to something stupid. Probably her allies, if she had any. In which she doesn’t.

A-Lyn stood up, dusting her dress off. She looked like she was going to say something, but then an avox came and took her away to the stage. It was in that moment I noticed some laughing behind me. I just about turned around to punch them, but that would be a bad idea. I can’t let my temper get the best of me.

I didn’t really pay attention to A-Lyn’s interview. I just listened to a few tributes behind me, talking about their random plans. Plus, why listen in on someone who will be dead in a few hours?

Soon an avox came to get me. She took me to the side of the stage, and then motioned for me to wait.

“Thank you A-Lyn! Next up is her brother, Alexander Lacey!” Ruby’s voice echoed, followed by screaming and clapping.  I looked over at the avox and she motioned me to go.