Task 4 - Deadly Assassins

DEAD:

Phineus Flanch, District 4

Vernetta Reid, District 2

Jadine Fairwood, District 11

Crescentia Hoods, District 12

You guys had a good run. All of your tributes were fantastic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You look up at the sky, and see the faces of the dead. First was Vernetta Reid, the devious career from District 2. Second was Phineus Flanch, the quiet boy from District 4. The next face to show up was Jadine Fairwood, the shy girl from District 11, and the final face to appear was Crescentia Hoods. the shy yet sassy tribute from District 12. The capitol seal appears and the sky goes dark, and you rest your head on the ground, drifting off to sleep.

You wake up the next morning, feeling rejuvenated. You wake up and, just as you are about to head off, a loud gong sounds throughout the arena. At first you cry out, shocked, but then Antonio’s face shows up in the sky, and you know that this is caused by him.

“Hello, tributes!” he says, flashing a toothy grin. “We at the capitol have a special treat for you.” As he says this, 14 beams of light shoot down from the sky and land at random spots all around the arena. You watch, stunned, as one of them appears near you.

“Just remember…” Antonio suddenly says, his smile wicked. “Trust no-one.” Then he vanishes, and you run after the beam of light. When you reach the light, you stop dead. Because standing there, looking back at you, is your loved one. At first you are immensely shocked. But then you feel so much relief you could cry. You run to them, desperate to get to them. They smile at you, but that’s when you notice the weapon they hold in their hand. Then you remember Antonio’s words – ‘Trust no-one’ – and it sinks in. Your loved one is here to kill you.

~~~

Right, so for this task, each tribute has a clone of a loved one that the capitol has sent in. It can be a parent, a sibling, friend, boyfriend/girlfriend, anyone that your tribute has an emotional bond with. Even if this person is deceased, they can still be cloned and sent in. Even if your character is completely heartless, there has to be at least 1 person that means something to them. ANYONE they have emotional ties to.

The clone of your loved one will do or say anything to let your guard down. Now, here’s the catch. The clone of your loved one is only after you. No one else. They may attack someone who tries to protect you, but they will not stop until they find and kill you. They will not kill anyone but you. And here’s another thing – the only person who can kill them is your tribute. Unless it is your specific loved one, you cannot physically kill another clone. Your attacks will not cause it any damage. You can write that your attacks bounce off the other clones, or that they just go right through, I do not care. You simply cannot harm a clone that is not your specific one.

So, simply speaking, it’s you or them. You MUST kill your loved one’s clone. They cannot survive. They must be killed.

You are to kill 2 tributes this task. No more, no less. How they die is fine, they can be killed by you or by their clone, I don’t care. The reason there are less kills this task is because I want this entry to be more about your tribute’s inner struggles as they try to kill the clone of their loved one, less about killing other tributes. I want to see actual human emotion this task. And points will be up for grabs!

That’s right! Entry with the most emotion regarding your charactors interactions with their ‘loved one’ will get 5 extra points added to their overall score.

4 tributes will be up for elimination. 2 shall live while the other two shall die. This task is due at 7pm, 21 September, Australian Eastern Time.

I know this task is pretty confusing, so if you have any questions, just ask me and I will clear it up.

SPONSOR PERK:

All sponsored tributes will, again, get 2 deaths removed from their death toll.

~~~

WARNING LIST: (Don't hand in another task and your out)

- Winter Harley

- Blake Raven

- David Green