💟Kankuro💟

Yo, it's puds, sorry for the wait.
___________________________

~Y/n Pov~

I had just came home from the store with my arms full of groceries. I huffed and set them on the table and took a seat to rest for a minute. It wasn't long before I heard my son talking.
"Papa! How does this one work?" His small voice rang throughout the silent home.

"Come here, I'll show you, (s/n)" I heard my husband reply. I was curious so I got up and stood by the doorway not yet wanting to be seen. My eyes peaked around the corner to see the wooden snake moving with chakra strings attached. I smiled seeing my sons face light up.

"Do you want to try?" Kankuro asked.

"Yes!" My son said in amazement. It didn't take long until (s/n) was slowly moving the snake on his own.

"I want to show mama!" He exclaimed.

"Alright, you can show her when she comes home," Kankuro said with a smile. I decided to walk back to the kitchen and close the door so they could hear this time. I started to put away the groceries and soon enough, (s/n) was poking out from the side of the wall with a big smile on his face.
"Mama! Papa showed me something really cool and I want to show you," he said excitedly.

"Alright, let me just finish putting away the groceries." I said smiling while pinching his cheeks. He ran back towards the living area.

It took me about five minutes and I walked slowly towards (s/n) and Kankuro. Both of their faces lit up as they saw me. I took a seat on the floor and watched as (s/n) smiled brightly.
"Alright, sweetheart, what did you want to show me?" I asked.

Slowly but surely, I saw faint strings of chakra attaching to the wooden puppet. He started to move it around but got frustrated when the puppet fell lifelessly towards the ground. He "hmphed" and I held in my laugh due to his adorable angry face.
"It's okay sweetie, you can try again," but before I was done talking, Kankuro had already attached his own chakra strings and the snake made its way over to (s/n) who sat angrily. It didn't take long for him to start to stare in wonder at the wooden snake.
"Hmm, (s/n), why don't you take these to your room and practice?" Kankuro asked and gave him a box of toys that were once his. The small brown haired boy smiled and grabbed the box.
"Don't run, you might trip," I was quick to warn him as he rushed excitedly. We heard the door to his room close and I smile at the young child I have loved dearly.
"He'll make a fine sand ninja one day," Kankuro commented, "you aren't mad I showed him that, are you?"

"No, not at all, why would I be?" I questioned.

"Well, I don't really know. I thought you might want to keep him away from ninjutsu and all that before he went to the academy." Kankuro added.

I shook my head and smiled, "Even if that were the case, nothing makes me happier than to see his little face light up so happily because of us."

You sat back on the couch with Kankuro and snuggled into his side. His arm wrapped around you shoulders and squeezed.
"You're an amazing father you know." You commented and he blushed slightly.

"Only because I have you with me," he replied. I smiled and ruffled his brown hair.

"Hmm, what should we do for dinner?" I asked.

"I could care less, let's ask (s/n)." Kankuro answered. I got up to go do so and he whined at the sudden loss of contact. I rolled my eyes and made my way down the hallway. I lightly knocked on (s/n)'s door and waited for it to open. It had been about two minutes and he still hadn't replied.
"(S/n)? Honey?" I spoke. Still no reply. My heart started to beat and I worried. I shuffled the door knob and opened the door as (s/n) came into view completely entranced by the chakra strings and moving puppet. My eyes softened and I felt arms wrap around my waist. My eyes widened and I relaxed when I looked behind me.
Kankuro was smiling proudly at the child.
I asked once more and his head quickly turned towards me and he made a thinking face.
"Mama, can we have (f/f)?" He asked with a smile.