Request: 🌊Tobirama🌊

hey hey it's toots again! quite a few of you guys wanted us to write a Tobirama x reader so here you go! I hope i do it justice!
I tried my best to make him not too ooc and i think i succeeded but idk let me know what you guys think

*~*~*~*~*

"Lord Second?" I hesitantly knocked on the door to the hokages room. I heard grumbling and winced a bit. He hated to be disturbed when he was working, everyone knew that. This was an urgent matter to report though, so there was no way around it.

"You may enter," His deep voice said from inside. I opened the door slowly and walked in. I carried with me a few reports which were given to me by some of the villages ninja. A majority of them concerned special reports which were confidential and could only be seen by the hokage.

I stepped forward and stood in front of his desk. I watched as he completed whatever scroll he was working on. He soon put down his writing utensil and turned his hardened gaze on me. If it were anyone else, his glare alone could make one cower; however, because I had known the second hokage since we were young I was used to his cold stare.

"Oh, (Y/N), it's just you," His gaze softened a little and his eyes drifted to the pile of scrolls in my arms. He sighed a bit in annoyance. I noticed the piles of work already on his desk and I felt a little bad for him. I would help him if I could.

"Yes it's just me," I replied, heaving a sigh at his bluntness. "I'm here to deliver some mission reports from some leaf shinobi, some of them are confidential."

He nodded, pointing to an ever so small, clear space on his desk, "Place them there, I'll try to get to them today."

I nodded my head once and did as he said. He continued to write on the parchment he had been working on when I came in.

"If you need help or anything you know where to find me," I called over my shoulder as I walked out of the room. I simply received a small grunt in response. I rolled my eyes in good nature and walked down the stairs to leave the office.

I breathed in the fresh spring air as I walked down the village streets. It wasn't the largest of places, but it was growing. As I was lost in thought I felt something, or someone, bump into my leg. I looked down and I saw a small child who landed on the ground. He looked up at me and I smiled warmly at him.

I gently picked him up and set back on his feet, and soon his mother ran up to me and apologized profusely. I assured her it was okay and she took his hand and walked away with him. I laughed a little to myself and continued my walk. I was hungry and about to get something to eat when one of the village's shinobi ran up to me.

"(Y/N), Lord Hokage requests your presence," He said, sounding out of breath. I looked at him confused.

"But I was just there?" I said, though it sounded like a question. He shrugged and caught his breath.

"He asked me to come get you," The shinobi replied and I sighed heavily. I turned on my heel and began walking back to the office.

He was the hokage and all, but he had trouble admitting when he needed help. Judging by all of the paperwork that was piling up on his desk when he left, he definitely needed it. I shook my head at his overwhelming amount of pride as the building came back into sight.

He always tried to shoulder the burden alone in order to protect the village. He believed these types of things were his responsibilities and his alone; he often failed to recognize he had others willing to help him. Despite this, everything he did was for the village and to protect its best interests; he might have a lot of pride, but he was incredibly selfless.

I walked back inside, my feet tiring from all the walking. I walked back upstairs and knocked on his door.

"You called?" I said through the closed door.

"(Y/N), come in," He responded, addressing me by my name. I slowly opened the creaking door and stepped back in. I made my way over to his desk and stood in front of it. He looked up at me and I could tell by his eyes that he was tired.

"You needed something?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I was hoping for him to admit that he required assistance. He muttered something under his breath before heaving a sigh.

"I simply desired a little company while I worked," He looked back down at his papers. I rolled my eyes once more and grabbed a chair from across the room, dragging it so it was in front of his desk.

After a few moments of watching him work, I could tell he was getting overwhelmed. His gaze snapped to the growing stack of paper work every minute or so. I was annoyed with him overworking himself for no reason.

I huffed before speaking, "Do you need any help?"

"No."

I gave him a blank stare, "Your behavior is telling me otherwise."

"I'm not sure I understand what you mean." He continued writing, not looking up to see me,

"You clearly need help." I motioned to the stacks of papers around his desks and he finally brought his attention to me. "I understand you want to do your duty as hokage but it's okay to ask for help-"

"I don't need you to remind me of things I'm already aware of," He interrupted me in a bored tone. "I simply wanted your company, if you're going to pester me I suggest you go."

I closed my eyes for a moment and looked up at the ceiling. It was often that he would call me to his office for unknown reasons, then just ignore me. He always wanted my company even though he rarely spoke while he was doing his work. Usually I didn't mind, we grew up together and were close as it is; long periods of silence were no longer an issue between us. However, if was obvious that he was trying to ignore me.

"Why do you do this?" I asked, my eyes still closed. I heard some shuffling of papers.

"Do what exactly?"

"Ask me to come to your office then ignore me," I explained. "I do have other things to do, I can't just stay in your office all day."

"Then go do those things."

"But if I do you'll just send someone to come get me," I opened one eye and looked at him. "This has happened more than once."

"I'm aware."

"Then why-"

"You're pestering me," He looked up from the parchment in front of him. I fell silent again and watched him with my one eye open as he worked. There were only a select few people that he allowed himself to keep close, and I was lucky to be one of the few. As happy as I was that he appreciated me in such a way, being his friend was frustrating sometimes.

"Why do you always want me to come here?" I asked and he sighed and leaned his head on his hand.

"Do you really want to know?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "I hate to disappoint you but the answer will be just as trivial as the question."

"I wouldn't have asked if I didn't," I opened both of my eyes and did my best to make eye contact with him.

"In truth I find you interesting, and your presence is rather comforting to me," He explained, the inkling of a smile coming onto his features. "I like that you try to help me, even when I don't want it, because then I know you care. That's enough for me."

I felt myself smiling and a slight blush tinted my cheeks. I hadn't known he thought that highly of me.

"If I stay while you finish, you have to treat me to dinner tonight," I crossed my arms and leaned further back in my chair. He looked like he was thinking for a moment before he rolled up the scroll he was writing on and picked up a new one.

"Fine, it's a date," He replied, not looking up.

"Wait I didn't say it had to be a d-"

"It's a date, now just stay and be quiet."