💞Genma💞

hey hey it's Toots again...I had an idea and needed to write it before I forgot about it. idk how i feel about this but iTS FINE HAHA

*~*~*~*

I was breathing heavily as I watched the sand ninja retreat, and it seemed we were safe. For the moment at least. I slowly stood up, cringing at the pain in my shoulder. I had been battling a Sand kunoichi who was skilled with senbon needles.

I managed to beat her, but not without my share of injuries. She had managed to cover my right arm in needles, I had been pulling them out since I delivered the final blow. I watched as the other leaf jonin began slowly emerging, making sure all the intruders were gone.

My boyfriend had been the proctor of the final chuunin exam when the attack had begun. He was right at the heart of it and I feared for the worst. I needed to get over there as soon as possible, but the pain in my arm was unbearable.

I began staggering my way down the street I had been fighting on, I needed to find a medical ninja soon. I had a feeling the needles she had thrown weren't just plain senbon. My head began to spin and the pain became worse, it was like a dull burning that got worse the more I moved.

I had been heading to the arena when the attacks began, so I didn't know the well being of anyone there. This worried me even more, but at the moment I was concerned with finding a medic and fast. I nearly tripped, so I held onto the corner of a building before coughing into my hand, when I looked it was blood. This is bad, this is really bad.

I looked around frantically as my vision began blurring, soon someone ran up to me and I knew they were talking but I couldn't hear what they were saying. Everything went black after that.

When I awoke, I was laying down staring at a ceiling. The burning in my arm was replaced with a faint throbbing. I turned my head to the side and found my arm bandaged from wrist to shoulder. I sighed in relief, I had made it in time.

Worry filled me when I realized I hadn't heard anything about Genma or anyone else from the arena. I slowly sat up, making sure not to lean heavily on my arm. I was in a hospital gown and the blankets had fallen so they were now laying around my hips.

The window in my room was open and it let in a light breeze along with the sounds of birds. I glanced to my other side and saw a chair had been pulled to my bed side. There was a small cup on my bed side table that had two (f/f)s.

My hair was matted to the back of my head from being asleep. I took my hand and ran through it a few times, taking out as many tangles as I could with my fingers. I then took it and placed all of it over one shoulder. I jumped a bit when I heard the door to my room slide open.

I looked to it quickly and a big wave of relief washed through me when Genma walked through. His eyes opened a bit wider when he saw me awake but he smiled at me.

"Finally decided to come back to real world with us then, huh?" He smirked a bit but came to my bedside and gently took me in his arms, I wrapped my arms around him as well. "Don't scare me like that again."

When we pulled away I noticed his hand was bandaged and he had a few bandages on his face. I reached up my hand and lightly touched one of them on his face.

"I'm so glad you're alright," I told him, watched as he sat down in the chair and pulled it close to my bed side.

"I am too," He replied, laughing a bit when he saw me roll my eyes.

"The nurses said they were shocked at how much poison you had in you," Genma became more serious, and as he said this I looked to my bandaged arm. "They managed to get it all out of you, but it took them a long time, if you hadn't been found when you were there would've only been a moment before you..."

He trailed off at the end and I could see the worry in his eyes, I gulped. I would be lying if that thought hadn't crossed my mind as I was leaning against that building.

"Hey, I won't go down that easy," I nudged him with my non bandaged elbow. "I took her down after she loaded my arm with needles."

Genma finally smiled again, "That's my girl."

I laughed and we talked for a little while longer, about everything. He told me about what happened at the arena and about all the matches before chaos ensued. I told him about my fight with the sand kunoichi and how worried I was about him.

As we talked soon his hand ended up entwined with mine, His hand rested in my lap mine interlocked with it and my other hand resting on top of his.

We stopped talking when a nurse came in to check on me.

"Hey there, I just have to check your arm and make sure everything is healing properly." She said to me, smiling. Genma then stood up.

"I'll leave you to it," He stretched a bit as he stood up. "I'll make sure to come back and see you later, yeah?"

"Please do, I'll be bored," I smiled up at him, he chuckled softly. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. I placed my hand on his cheek and he had one on my waist the other on the back of my neck. It wasn't a long kiss, but it wasn't a quick peck.

He pulled away and gave me one last smile, "Alright, see you later, I love you."

"Love you too," I gave him a wave as he left. As he stepped out he blew me an over exaggerated kiss. I rolled my eyes but still found myself blushing a little. I then turned my attention to the nurse who began talking about ensuring all of the toxins were out of my body.

I wasn't fully listening, I was only thinking about seeing Genma again later.