Request: 💙Sasuke💙

I changed the request a bit. Sarada is like 3 or 4 in this.

*""*""*""*""*""*""*""*
~Naruto Pov~

I groaned as I saw another stack of paperwork on my desk. I began to get to work on it before the door opened and Sasuke walked in with out a word. I smiled as he neared my desk.

"Back already?" I say, breaking the silence.

"I've collected some new research and thought I'd deliver it. Then I'll be leaving as soon as possible." His voice came out very monotone.

"Why don't you go visit your family? They miss you Sasuke. Y'know, Y/n told me she was taking Sarada to Hokage Mountain for a picnic. Maybe you could meet them there." I urged him. I frowned as he shook his head.

"I got new leads, I'd like to investigate as soon as possible." He said and I grown.

"C'mon Sasuke, you haven't seen them in years practically! Sarada won't be able to recognize you at this point." This caught his attention as he flinched at my words.

"Don't think I won't make you stay, I am the Hokage," I warn. He shakes his head and walks off.

"If you're not gonna spend time with them, at least visit and say hi. You practically owe it to them." I yell, slowly getting irritated. I face palm and return back to work.

~Y/n Pov~

I grabbed the bag with our dinner in it and waited for Sarada to come back down stairs. I smiled as I heard her small feet running on the ground.

"You ready?" I asked as she nodded her head.

"Let's go!" She said excitedly as I grabbed her hand in mine and we began walking. It didn't take long for something to feel off as we reached the mountain. I noticed 2 Chakras that I didn't recognize coming towards us.

This made me quicken my pace a bit as we started to go up the mountain. Once the Chakras became too close for comfort, I told Sarada to find a place to hide. When she was out of sight, two ninjas clad in black jumped out.

I dodged their hits, but only barely. These two were quick with movement. I became adjusted to their fighting styles and I began to form a plan in my head. Their swipes with the kunai were sloppy, they left themselves open to many blows.

One of the ninja swung to kunai and I punched a pressure point under his arm. As I went limp, I saw black flames begin to engulf the other. I smiled and shook my head when I realized who was nearby. I quickly finished the other ninja off. As I walked away, I looked back to see the burning ninja disappear into a swirl.

'Sasuke,' I thought as I called out for Sarada. She hopped out of her hiding spot and ran towards me. I picked her up and carried her the rest of the way up the mountain.

As we set up the picnic and began to eat, I noticed her staring off into space. I waved my hand in front of her face as she snapped out of it and stared up at me.

"Are you alright?" I asked, with slight worry. She nodded and took a bite of her sandwich.

"Mama, I have a question." She asked.

"What is it?" I ask, my curiosity perking up.

"How come Papa is never home?" She asked and my heart stopped in my chest.

"Well, he's busy helping out the village. It's very important. Hopefully he comes home soon." I try to push down the irritation within me that comes from him never seeing Sarada.

"But until then, you get to spend time with me and your other friends." I smiled at her and she smiled back, "C'mere."
She scoots near me and hugs me. As she pulls away, a breeze blows in that causes her to shiver.

"Alright, are you ready to go home?" I ask and she nods. I pick up the remnants of our dinner and hold Sarada's hand in my own as we walk back down the mountain. It's begins to get dark as we reach out house. She runs in and waves for me to join her, I giggle at her excitement.

Stars light up the sky and I tell her to go get ready for bed. I finished the dishes and go to sit on the couch. Sarada runs back with a book in her hand. She hands it to me and hops up on the couch. As I open the book, I hear a knock at the door. A look of confusion rests on my face as I set the book down and walk towards the door.

I reach toward the handle and turn it. As I open it, my confusion is replaced by surprise.

"Papa!!" Sarada yells excitedly from behind me. She runs up to him and clings to his legs.

"S-sarada, don't do that," I stutter out reaching towards her before Sasuke interrupts me.

"She's fine," He says and my head relaxes at his voice. I hadn't heard it in so long.

I back away from the door and sit back on the couch. Sarada lets go of him and runs back to the couch.

"Mama was just about to read me a book!" She says and pats the seat next to her for him to sit down. He does so hesitantly.

"Well, maybe Papa could read you the book and tuck you in." I say and she looks up at him with stars in her eyes.

"Can you!?" She says and he replies with a Shakey "yes". I grin before standing up and making my way to my bedroom. I slip on my sleeping clothes and walk into the kitchen, admiring Sasuke and the young Sarada. I notice myself almost falling asleep before Sasuke stops reading and I hear soft snores from Sarada's mouth. I smile at the sight before walking over to pick her up.

I mutters a thank you as we walk towards her room. I set her on her bed and take a step back, motioning for him to finish. I stare in awe at the scene before me. Sasuke pulls the blanket up to her chin and lightly pokes her forehead with two of his fingers. I walked out of the room and back into the living room, my eyes starting to droop as Sasuke walks in.

"She's quite the kid," I say, breaking the silence. I see him nod in agreement.

"Why did you decide to come home this time?" I ask as his eyes meet mine.

"Naruto said somethings and then said he'd force me to stay home," I frown slightly at the fact that it wasn't his choice.

"She really misses you, I do too. She asks me about you all the time." I say watching closely at his reaction.

He gets up and starts to walk towards the kitchen. I quickly grab his wrist and he looks back at me, confused.

"I-umm, thanks for earlier today." I say and he turns away, but not without me catching a glimpse of his cheeks turning pink.

"I don't know what you're talking about,' he says before continuing towards the kitchen.

"I could've handled myself, you know." I say, just to spite him. He ignores me and opens the fridge.

"It doesn't matter," he says, finally turning to look me in the eye. Before he turns away, I walked towards him.

"Are you staying the night? Because it would mean a lot to Sarada. I can sleep on the couch." I say.

"Sleep on the couch? I married you for a reason. You're not comfortable sharing a bed with me?" He says, a slight teasing tone lacing his voice.

"N-no that's not it at all." I say urgently before gripping my hands on the back of his vest as he turns away from me.

"Then it should be fine." He says calmly, finishing his snack and walking up to the bedroom. I stand there for a minute, a grin spreading on my face as I realize what's about to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lol I'm sorry if it didn't turn out the way the requester wanted. I took some liberties and TBH I don't think this is my best work.but I don't hate it.

~puds