🌲Young Hashirama🌲

hey hey toots is back for another one! hopefully this goes up on the day i started writing but i don't know bc i have concerts today but it's fine
also this takes place when madara and hashirama are still kids!

*~*~*~*

"Sorry, (Y/N), I have to go," Hashirama looked up at the sky before giving me an apologetic look. I groaned in protest.

"You always do this," I huffed, crossing my arms across my chest. "You ask me to spend time with you and then you just leave."

"What's so important anyways?" I questioned, and he froze up. I had known him long enough to know when he was trying to think of an excuse. He was the worst liar; everyone knew that, except him that is.

"I uh....have to...go...and..and clean my room!" He declared, getting ready to sprint off. I snorted in response.

"Yeah right," I scoffed and he looked at me defeated. I just waited for him to tell me the truth, but he just looked everywhere except my eyes. His gaze landed on something behind me and he looks fascinated by whatever it was. I turned around to see what it was and then I jumped when I heard the bushes rustle.

When I turned back to say something to Hashirama, only to find he was gone.

"I'll get him back for this," I mumbled as I began walking back home, seeing there was nothing more for me to do anymore. As I walked down the forest path on my way back, I stopped when I sensed an unfamiliar chakra.

I turned back and followed the unfamiliar chakra until I heard voices. I could hear Hashirama and I became even more curious. I hopped up to a tree branch and peered our from behind it. Hashirama was talking to strange boy.

"You're such a liar," The boy said and Hashirama tensed up.

"I am not," He pouted.

"I bet you get all weird just being in the presence of a girl," The other boy said and Hashirama turned bright red and he huffed. Hashirama crossed his arms over his chest and closed his eyes. I covered my mouth to keep from laughing and blowing my cover.

"That can't be true becausssseeee I..." He trailed off for a moment and the other boy gave him a skeptical look. "Have a girlfriend?"

The other boy jumped back in surprise, his eyes wide, "Eh?! You what?!"

"Yeah that's right I have a girlfriend," He declared and my eyes widened. He hadn't told me about any girlfriend before.

"Her name is (Y/N)," He smiled smugly and my face fell immediately into an unamused expression. You've got to be kidding me...

At that point I didn't care how mad at me they would be for eavesdropping, I just couldn't let him lie like that. I jumped down from the tree, making sure to make noise. They both turned and looked as I walked out of the bushes, my fists balled.

"Hashirama," I said, my voice laced with a murderous tone. Both boys took a step back and Hashirama cowered. Sweat began to run down his face.

"Who's she?" The other boy demanded and Hashirama looked from him to me and back. I put a hand on my hip, my eyes not leaving Hashirama.

"I'm (Y/N) and I most definitely am-" I was cut off by a panicked Hashirama grabbing me and pressing his lips to mine. My eyes grew wide and my face began to burn. I was too shocked to do anything, and I still couldn't move even after he released me. The other boy's eyes were basically bulging out of his head.

"Yes, she is (Y/N) and she most definitely is my girlfriend," He looked over his shoulder at me with a pleading look. I was still too shocked to do anything so I just nodded. My face was bright red and my heart was beating fast.

The boy pouted and looked down at the ground, "Whatever, doesn't make you any less weird around girls."

Hashirama and I walked home together that day, only after I made him introduce me to his new friend. I learned his name was Madara and they visited each other quite frequently. I didn't stop teasing him about the girlfriend thing the whole way back.

"Why did you say me of all people?" I inquired between bouts of laughter. Hashirama hung his head in embarrassment, and he didn't answer.

I faked a gasp and covered my mouth, "Maybe you have a secret crush on me."

To my surprise his face turned bright red again and he did everything he could to not meet my gaze. I leaned forward to see his face which he was doing his best to hide from me. He snapped his head forward and looked up for a moment.

"Oh my god you do!" I pointed a finger at him, my own face beginning to match the color of his.

"I didn't say that!" He frantically exclaimed, flailing his arms around. I covered my face with both hands.

"Oh please! You're the worst at lying, so don't even try!" I said, my voice muffled by my hands. I heard Hashirama sigh and then plop on the ground.

"Yeah, yeah I have a crush on you," He rested his elbows on his knees and he looked at the ground. "So what?"

I slowly moved my hands down my face so he could see my eyes, "So you could have just told me instead of randomly kissing me."

"Was it a good kiss?" He looked up and met my eyes, completely ignoring the point of what I just said.

"I don't know! I haven't kissed anyone else so I can't compare it to anything!" I threw up my arms. He hung his head again.

I sighed and went to sit by him. He didn't lift up his head to look at me, and I contemplated on what to do next. I took a quiet breath and leaned my head against his shoulder. He tensed up and quickly turned to look at me.

"You should've just told me instead of surprising me like that," I told him and he nodded slowly.

"Yeah I know," He responded quietly before hesitantly wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Who knows, I might've told you liked you back." I added after a few moments before getting up and walking ahead of him. It took him a few moments to understand what I meant, but eventually I heard his fast footsteps approaching me.

"Wait a minute!!! You what?!"