💥Deidara💥

hey hey it's toots here's another one staring one of my fav characters

*~*~*~*

I walked back to my room with a handful of scrolls to go through, trying to watch where I was going from behind the large stack. I was struggling to open the large door to my room when it opened on its own. I peered out from behind the mountain of scrolls to see a smirking Deidara opening the door for me. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"I can do it myself." I gave him a look as I went inside the room, dropping the scrolls on the bed.

"I know," He shrugged, that stupid smirk still on his face. He walked over and stood beside me by the bed. We both looked down at the pile of scrolls I had to work on. They were all mission reports I had neglected to fill out for Pein; I knew they would catch up with me, but I didn't expect him to wait this long to make me complete them. Now I was left with a large stack of them to do, and he would not allow me to go on anymore missions until they were done and on his desk.

That meant I didn't have time for Deidara's usual shenanigans, yet there he was annoying me like he does everyday. He opened his mouth to say something and I turned over to him and put my hand in front of his face.

"I don't have time for this today, Deidara," I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest. He raised his eyebrows slightly and looked from me to the scrolls.

"They're just missions reports hm, who cares if they're done." Deidara shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"Easy for you to say, Sasori does all of the reports for your missions," I replied. "I don't have a partner so I have to do them all myself."

"That's not my fault," He shrugs again, plopping himself down on the bed next to the pile.

"I never said it was," I mumbled, grabbing a scroll off the pile and sitting down at my desk. "If you're going to stay in here, try not to be too much of a distraction."

He didn't respond, and I assumed that he had left. I began working on the first report and it took a lot longer to finish than I had originally planned. I rolled it up and put it to the side and went to go grab another scroll only to find Deidara holding the scroll out towards me. He was now lounging on my bed, the pile of scrolls next to him.

"Thanks," I muttered, taking the scroll from him and going to sit down. "Why're you still here?"

"I thought you'd enjoy my company hm," He replied and I heard the bed sheets moving around. "And you look cute when you're focused."

I stopped writing, my face beginning to burn. I slowly turned around with an unamused expression, trying my best to conceal the blush forming on my cheeks. He was laying back with one eye open, looking at me, and of course he was smirking.

"Aw, (Y/N), you're blushing aren't you? hm." He propped himself up on his elbows, meeting my eyes. I heaved a sigh, and rolled my eyes. I quickly turned back around so he couldn't see my face redden at his comment.

The rest of the day he stayed on my bed, watching me work and handing me new scrolls when I needed them. I spent until sundown working on the tedious reports, some on missions I could barely remember. My eyelids were getting heavy as I finished the second to last report. I put it to the side and sat still for a moment before going to grab the new one.

I rubbed my eyes as I turned around in my chair, suppressing a yawn that threatened to surface. I glanced at Deidara for a moment and saw him staring at me with an unreadable expression on his face. I tiredly raised an eyebrow at him.

"What," I deadpanned, beginning to get up. He handed my the last scroll and I took it slowly.

"You're tired," He stated and I let out a dry chuckle.

"How perceptive," I replied sarcastically, resting my head on the palm of my hand as I opened up the scroll. I yawned as I began filling out the report; luckily, this had been my most recent mission so I remembered most of the details.

I continued to write, but I could feel Deidara's eyes on me. Of course he had been in the room this whole time, looking at me probably, but I could feel him directly staring at my back this time. I turned around to see what he was doing, and he was giving me a concerned look. I didn't understand why he was so concerned, he was never like this about me.

"Why're you acting so weird?" I asked, placing my hands in my lap. Deidara sat up and made direct eye contact with me, and I had to suppress another rising blush.

"You're going to overwork yourself hm," He told me. "Get some rest and finish in the morning."

"I don't need to, I'll finish this then go to bed," I waved him off and turned back to the scroll. "Stop worrying."

I went back to writing, but soon enough my eyelids felt heavy. My eyes were burning and I allowed them to close for a moment. I tried to fight the urge to fall asleep then, but to no avail. Soon I was fast asleep, using my hand as a pillow.

///|||\\\

I woke up the next morning in my bed, the covers tucked all around me. I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday, but my shoes and cloak were off. I sat up, rubbing my eyes in confusion. My cloak was hanging on a hook by the bedroom door, my shoes were under it. I looked towards my desk and saw that the pile of scrolls was gone. The report I had yet to complete was still open on my desk.

I uncovered myself and walked over to my desk, shivering at the cold air of my room. I quickly completed the last of the report and closed the scroll. I put on my cloak and my shoes and took a brush from one of my desk drawers and ran it through my hair a few times. I grabbed the scroll to take to Pein.

I was wondering what had happened to the rest of the reports as I went to his office and gave him the scroll.

"Thank you, (Y/N), don't let yourself get behind on these again," He reminded me, taking the scroll from my hands.

"I won't sir," I bowed, remembering to ask him about the other reports. "Uhm, sir?"

"Yes?" He asked, briefly looking up from his paperwork.

"Did my other reports happen to get turned in last night?" I asked, expecting to be told that they had been lost. To my surprise he nodded.

"Yes, Deidara gave them to me, he said you had asked him to," He answered, turning back to his work. I was grateful that he did that for me, but confused at the gesture. I said goodbye to Pein once more before walking down the hallway to go back to my room. I decided to thank Deidara for that later, despite being annoying most of the time, he could be nice when he wanted to be.

"Good morning sleeping beauty," I heard a voice say and I stopped and turned around to see Deidara stepping out of his room.

"Good morning," I replied back, walking over to him. I decided it would be a good time to thank him for helping me. He was leaning against the doorframe with only a pair of pants on. It was clear he had just gotten up despite the late hour of the morning. He smiled smugly at me as I stood in front of him. I began to regret ever thinking of thanking him the moment I saw that smug smile.

"Sleep well? hm." He smirked and I responded with an eye roll.

"Thank you for taking my reports to Pein last night," I thanked him and he chuckled a little.

"No problem, Princess." He leaned his head against the door frame and I looked at him weirdly.

"Princess?" I inquired, crossing my arms over my chest. Where did this nickname come from all of a sudden? He chuckled quietly again, and I raised my eyebrow questioningly.

"I carried you to your bed last night so you wouldn't sleep at your desk," He informed me and my eyes widened. "And that's something I would do only for a princess."

My jaw dropped slightly and he closed the door in front of me. I could hear him laughing loudly from inside his room. My cheeks burned as I dwelled upon the thought of him carrying me to bed.

"YOU WHAT!"