Requested: 🕊Jugo🕊

hey hey it's toots! i had a few requests for a jugo one and i didn't have any ideas until now for one. I have a love hate relationship with this one, but I hope you all enjoy it anyways and to those who requested it, I hope I did him justice! Thank you all so much for reading our story, we are so incredibly happy that it has gotten over 22k reads! 

without further ado enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*

We were almost to the Northern Hideout, and I was at my limit of hearing Suigetsu and Karin arguing. I pinched the bridge of my nose, closing my eyes to try and think of something else.

I had many talents regarding my genjutsu abilities, it was something my family specialized in; it wasn't nearly as powerful as that of the Uchiha, but the genjutsu we were able to create were able to calm our victims enough to subdue them before we attacked. Orochimaru valued this ability, and wanted to study it so he could have it for himself. Sasuke had asked me to join him later on, and with Orochimaru gone, it meant I was free.

The problem with that being I had absolutely no where to go anymore, so why not just stay with him for now. I didn't know, however, that the other two idiots would be with us. I was told that we were getting one more person to add to our team; I could only hope that they would be less annoying than Suigetsu and Karin (which wasn't hard).

"What's the deal with this Jugo anyways? Why're you two so afraid of him?" I asked, trying to steer the conversation elsewhere. Both of them stopped arguing, and it even seemed like Sasuke was listening as well.

"He's psycho," Suigetsu stayed. "I had to fight him once, he's ruthless."

"He came to Orochimaru himself, like he was seeking a place to change him," Karin added. "He doesn't want to kill people, it's like a compulsion for him."

I nodded, letting their answers sink in. All I really knew about him was that he was the basis for the curse mark formula. I looked ahead as the hideout came into view.

///|||\\\

Suigetsu and I were walking around the hideout in the direction Karin had pointed us in. I had an inkling feeling she had misdirected us, but Suigetsu seemed none the wiser. I trusted her only because she seemed to know this place better than I did.

"Hey (Y/N)? I think that little-"

He was interrupted by a large explosion coming from the opposite direction we were headed. We both shared a knowing look before heading that way.

We arrived only to find rubble all of the floor, and Sasuke with the level two of his curse mark activated. A wing that resembled a hand was covering him, and a man with bright orange hair was trying to hit him.

"Suigetsu! (Y/N)! What're you—" Karin began, ending with a loud groan. We both rolled our eyes, knowing she only wanted to be alone with Sasuke. I looked to Suigetsu who was taking his sword off of his back. I began building up some chakra behind him.

"If you engage him for a little bit, I can build up enough to chakra to put him in a genjutsu," I said to Suigetsu in a low voice, and he nodded. Suigetsu charged forward with an arrogant smirk on his face. I sighed, but stayed behind building up chakra regardless. I concentrated on building up my energy, he was strong so I would need to cast an equally strong genjutsu to subdue him. 

Suigetsu was engrossed in fighting Jugo, much to the disdain of Sasuke and Karin. I was nearly ready to cast the jutsu, but my mind was still thinking about Jugo. I was curious about him, he couldn't be all bad. He sought out help, even if it wasn't the kind he needed; he seemed like he didn't want to be a murderer, but he couldn't help his impulses. I felt bad for him. 

"(Y/N)! Do it now!" Suigetsu yelled, and I was jerked out of thought. I narrowed my eyes quickly, making sure to look over at Jugo. He was too busy focusing on Suigetsu to notice me. I placed two fingers under my chin and my other arm was raised straight in the air. A light purple light began emulating from around me, enveloping the room. No one else would see this but Jugo and I. 

Soon enough, Jugo was looking around the room in confusion; the curse taking up half of his face and his left arm. He emulated an air of power, and it made me tremble in fear. There was no doubt he was intimidating, but I needed to continue to keep my focus. 

He laughed maniacally, "I don't know what you think you're doing, but it won't help you at all! I'll still kill you, all of you!" 

"Jugo, you don't have to act like this," I stated, trying to keep my voice firm. The jutsu was working on subduing him, the purple light was dancing around him in a fog and it omitted a pleasant smell. Usually within a mere second a person would be down, but Jugo was very different. The jutsu worked to deplete the opponents chakra by slowly stripping them of it as the fog slipped by; however, Jugo had so much chakra stored within him, it was taking a lot longer than I had planned. 

He tried to rush forward to attack me, but since I was the controller of this little world, I reached out and pulled. The light purple fog leaped forward and formed tendrils, the tendrils wrapped around his ankles and wrists and restrained him. He kept trying, struggling against the fog. Now that the fog was directly attached to him, they would drain his chakra faster. After a few moments of him continuing to struggle and threatening me with death, the curse on his face and arm began to recede. 

I took a few hesitant steps forward, and his eyelids were drooping. His eyes slowly trailed upwards to meet mine. 

"Come with us, and we can help you," I said when I reached him. He shook his head quickly, glancing around the space enveloped in a light purple fog. My time holding this jutsu was running out, and I could feel myself beginning to struggle in keeping it in tact. 

"I can't, I need to stay here," He insisted. "It's the only way I can keep everyone else safe." 

"We can keep you under control," I told him, speaking in a soft voice. I could feel my exhaustion coming over me, the jutsu would fade soon. 

"Only one person can do that, and he's dead," Jugo replied, casting his gaze downward. I was about to respond, but the genjutsu was faltering. I gave up on keeping a hold of it, and all at once it was gone and I was falling to my knees. 

Soon I was back in the hideout, my breathing was heavy. Suigetsu came to my aide and helped me up. I leaned against the wall for support, looking for Jugo. When I couldn't find him I saw Sasuke standing in front of a heavy metal door. He was speaking to him, but my heartbeat was in my ears and I couldn't hear him. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down. I could start to catch a little bit of what Sasuke was saying. 

"...He died to keep me safe, Jugo, I can be your cage," Sasuke said. "And so can (Y/N), she and I can keep you under control." 

Jugo slowly emerged from his room, seeming like he was sure he would join us. I took a few steps forward, but I was too tired and I tripped a little. To my surprise, Jugo was the one who came to help me. 

"I'm sorry," He told me softly, and he offered his arm to me. I gave him a small smile and hesitantly began to lean on him. The other three looked behind at us and I nodded to Sasuke, signalling we were ready. I held onto Jugo's arm as we walked forward, and I kept looking from those in front of us and back to him. The murderous side of him was clearly not who he really was, it was this compassionate and nice side of him that was who he really was. 

I intended to help him realize that, so he knows he wasn't a killer.