XVI. S E C U R E

The happiest moments will also be a little sad.

____________

"Jimin is on vocal rest," Namjoon said with sadness behind his words.

I turned to the boy without a voice, as he stared at the carpet. He looked defeated and guilty for what happened.

We sat together in the green room on our meeting after every concert, or like Namjoon likes to call them; Green Chat

Every meeting starts with the leader talking about the show, then each member says what they thought about their performance, what they saw wrong or right, ideas of how to improve and general comments. Later, Joon tells us what the team has planned for the next day or any announcements at all. Today being Jimin's vocal rest.

"It's okay buddy," Jin gave him a warm hug.

"The vocal instructor said he forced his vocal chords and resting his voice is the best option," Namjoon crossed his arms as he explained the horrid case. "It'll be just for three days, which means he won't sing at tomorrow's concert. If he does, he'll damage his chords and it could become worse. I believe in Jimin and I know he will succeed and will be able to sing again in Osaka. He is our little soldier."

Hoseok placed his hand over Jimin's knee and spoke. "Don't worry Jiminie. You are strong."

Jimin sat back up and I could see tears forming in his eyes. He sighed and gave a small nod.

"I ask you to help him these days, remind him not to use his voice and support one another all right?" Namjoon reminded giving a clap.

Everyone agreed and hugged Jimin. I approached him as everyone packed their things and gave him a big hug. "We'll be here for you."

The thought of Jimin loosing his voice breaks my heart. Through the time I have known him, I noticed he gives his very best on what he does, not saying the other boys don't, but he just wants to be perfect so that the people around him feel proud. He wants to make us and the Army happy, satisfied with his actions. He wants to share his talents to inspire others and not to show off or gain attention, but to teach people they can do what they dream.

He pulled me closer and hid his face on my neck. I could feel his body tenderly shake as he surrounded my torso with his arms.

"Thank you," He whispered.

We untangle from our hug and Jimin left the room. I took a long breath and stared at the door he just passed through.

"Poor Jimin," Jungkook said as he approached me. "It should have been me."

"Why you say that?"

He kept quiet for a couple of seconds till I turned to him. "We got drunk last night and sang our hearts out. It was my fault."