XLVI. A W A R D

Victory comes after what it felt as defeat.

___________

O U T F I T

"Hello," I bowed to the other idols as they sat over the leather couches, some of them returned the bow, other just didn't notice my presence at all

I was seated at the very back of the small stage, at the end of the seat, just beside Twice. I was fangirling inside, but somehow managed to control myself. I didn't know much of the people here... so I just sat there.

It was the first time I was ever nominated on the Melon Music Awards. Best New Artist.

I was excited to be even considered a participant on these awards. The fact of being here was amazing.

The place was packed with people, it seemed like the sea of audience was infinite. I got goosebumps the moment I entered the venue, the screams, the cameras, the faces, it was all too much.

The crowd went wild as I continued my mental monologue. I raised my eyes and saw the biggest kpop group get the spotlight, Bts.

The sight of them made me automatically smile. It was a natural reaction.

They made their way to their seats, all wearing too expensive outfits making them look gorgeous as ever. They kindly bowed to the people around them, showing their beautiful smiles. It was like the atmosphere of the place changed, everyone turned their heads towards them and showed big eyes, almost like if they were princeses.

I saw how they sat one row down from me, just to the left. There's no way I could talk to them during the award show, they were too far. I sighed disappointed and continued looking around. It will be difficult to even greet them. Plus, they haven't notice me. I am shoved into the corner, I doubt anybody knows me. I am just a new artist on the rise.

When I was preparing for the awards, Gina sent me a whole speech about perseverance and success, Chris, Gina's husband, sent me a picture of Mini and him about to watch the awards and Duho sent a gif of a dancing cat in the family chat. The boys sent me their best wishes in the chat this morning. They said they will be rooting for me and even asked if I could thank them if I won.

Well, it was mostly Taehyung insisting on thanking him... and Yoongi telling me to thank him because he basically raised me.

Maybe in a commercial break I could sneak up to them and say hello.

Will it be weird?