L. Y E S O R Y E S

Killing me softly with her song

___________

"Misun. I want you to be my girlfriend. That's the secret."

I couldn't even speak.

My mind had firework explosions and I was trying to process what he just said instead of answering.

He wants to make things official. I have been waiting this my whole time knowing him.

"Can you repeat that?"

"I want to be in a formal relationship with you Nae Misun. Boyfriend... Girlfriend..." He announced again making my heart beat even faster.

As the last word left his lips, I answered. "Yes."

"Really?"

"Yes Jungkook!"

His face brightened up as his hands cupped mine. "Wow. Okay! I was waiting to ask you after dinner, but I couldn't wait. And it felt like the right time."

I agreed with him. "It was the perfect time. Jungkook so now this is real real."

He nodded shyly hiding his smile. "Yeah. Official."

"So now..."

"I'm your boyfriend," Jungkook approved and somewhat coming that from his mouth felt so good.

"And I'm your girlfriend," I beamed.

"Yeah..." he raised his eyebrows and leaned back on his chair and just by the look of his face, I could tell what he wanted to do.

"Go on."

He took a minute to clear his throat. "Girlfriend," he blurted and covered his mouth immediately. "Misun, my girlfriend," he gasped. "It's my first time calling someone my 'girlfriend'."

Honestly, this it was an honor.

I laughed at how cute he was. "Well then we are officially in a relationship. Feels good."

He agreed lifting his glass filled with water. "For us."

"Jungkook we should do that with actual champagne or alcohol," I proposed making him automatically place the drink down.

"True true."

"You know what-" I picked my drink and leaned closer. "For us."

Freak norms.

He showed his beautiful smile and raised his drink. "For us." Our glasses met each other and we took a sip of the fresh water.

We placed the drinks down and looked at each other.

"We should totally do that with champagne again," Jungkook blurted frowning at his drink. "Didn't feel that cool."

"Yeah," I accepted my error with a chuckle at the end.

The food arrived, everything looked delicious as it sat in front of us. The chef placed the various dishes in front of us to choose and share. I wanted to try everything.