XXII. A R T

We all need a good listener.

___________

"Good night beautiful," Yun waved goodbye as she heads to her room. I stood in front of mine and all I wanted was to sleep.

I unlocked the door and strolled inside with my suitcase.

I didn't even bother to change into my sleepwear, I was so tired. I took my minimal make up off and washed my face. Brushed my teeth before sitting back on the bed. I heard my phone buzz and looked at the lock screen.

Jungkook: how are you feeling?

My immediate reaction was to smile at him worrying. He's so caring.

You: could be better. Buy thanks for asking

Jungkook: do you want to talk about it?

You: Don't worry, It's okay.

Jungkook: I'm outside, open the door.

I stood up and looked through the peek hole. There he was. Standing in front of my hotel room. He was still wearing the same clothes and his expression made me know he was worried.

Why would he come without permission to my hotel room door? Isn't he too tired to chat?

I opened the door and showed a shy smile. He turned to me and kept quiet. "You really don't have to come here-"

"But I want to," he answered confidently, raising his head.

I nodded. "We can go down stairs to the lobby."

"Can't we talk in your... room?"

My mouth partly opened, my cheeks blushed as I let him in. He sat on the floor facing the couch. "You can sit in the couch, I'll listen here."

I took a seat and looked at the boy who invited himself into my room to talk about my problems. He brought his knees up and turned to me with a serious face. "What happened back there?"

I crossed my legs and answered. "I- I lost Yoongi and began to separate from you guys..." Just thinking about it made me want to cry, but  I can tell he was worried and talking to him could help me be calm. "Then all the fans walked too close to me and that made me even more anxious," I explained as he kept his soft eyes on me, listening to every word I said. "Then a girl asked me if I was okay and asked how was I with my addiction."

"Can I know what addiction they were talking about?" he furrowed his eyebrows at the word.

"An addiction I don't have. Someone," I was about to say her name but stopped. "Someone is spreading fake rumors about me and they said I had a drug problem. Which I don't..."

"I didn't know that," he said, pushing his hair back. "I try to maintain away from the social media. Continue."

"Then a pap asked me questions that were really personal. I freaked out because I didn't know what to say. I have never been around so many people and being so vulnerable, you know? Well and then you came up."