Chapter 17 That's Just Mean

Teresa Andrion and Anna Roberts sat beside each other in the bus. Teresa, more often called Tres, had been Anna's best friend since middle school—Ever since Brandon Johnson happened. Anna had bought some ice cream for her sick brother.

"Kate likes sweets?" Tres asked.
"He love sweet stuff," Anna replied.
"Since when do you care for him?"
"Since always. Girl, we are twins. Even if we don't show it, we love each other!"

Anna got down from the bus and waved at Tres. She ran inside her house, towards Kate's room and opened the door.
"I'm back!"

She abruptly stopped as soon as she saw Brandon. He had pinned her twin brother on his bed and he was only lying there in his underwear. Brandon slowly moved away from him and looked at her.

"Why are you here now?" Anna asked.
"I came here to get my jersey from Kate,"
"Since when are you and Kate friends?"

"Since always?"
"Do you think I'm stupid?"
"You never know."
"Brandon, I'm not joking." Anna kept the ice cream on Kate's bed.

"What?" Brandon smiled.
"I thought you came here for me! What is so good about Kate?"
"That he is not you," Brandon smiled.
She smirked, "You think just because you look good, you can throw girls around?"

"I didn't throw girls around," Brandon sounded cold, "I was very clear that I wanted to break up. I didn't create any drama or show you down in any way. Now you're just being clingy and that's getting on my nerves,"

"Oh, so I'm clingy? Fine! I'm clingy! Atleast I'm not a fucking faggot!"
"Anna!" Kate said.
"That is extremely disrespectful to the LGBTQ community. Apologise right now or I'll make you regret saying it." Brandon seemed angry.

Kate was scared that Anna would be dragged down by him next if she didn't apologise.
"I won't!" Anna crossed her arms.
"Guys, stop please" Kate said.

"SHUT UP!" Both Brandon and Anna shouted at Kate.

"...Okay, please continue," Kate took the packet kept on his bed and began feeding himself.

"...So, I suppose you won't apologise. Remember, I gave you a chance," Brandon left and Kate ran after him. He didn't wanted his sister to end up on Brandon Johnson's dark list. He didn't wanted to see her suffer just like he did.

But Anna held his hand and pulled him back, "Why are you clinging to him?" She glared at him.
"Anna, no. Brandon's didn't do anything like you think—"
"Yeah! No shit he didn't! Because I know you're the gay one here!" Anna said.

"What?" Kate looked into her eyes.
"It hasn't even been a week since we broke up and you already can't control your gay hormones to hook up with my ex?!"
"I didn't do anything like tha—" She shushed him.

"Putting the long story short, I don't like my ex-boyfriend hitting with someone like you. I've got a reputation you know. High school has a social hierarchy which is filled with all sorts of people, people like me, Brandon Johnson and Harrison Louverne belong at the top of that hierarchy. People like you are the ones you shouldn't have even have been there!"

Kate looked into her eyes, "Why are you always so mean to me?" He asked. She smirked.

"I just hope you know that you are worthless. People like you will never matter, so stop trying so hard. You are what you've always been. Useless and ugly" Anna left Kate's hand and flipped her hair.

She walked out of his room and went down the stairs.

'People like you will never matter, so stop trying so hard.'

"I know that, Anna."
Kate looked at his feet, "YOU'RE—"

"Be strong and be kind,"

"Oh fuck it!'COME ONE! Do you think I'm seducing him?! WHO WANNA HOOK UP WITH A GUY?! I'M A STRAIGHT WHITE MALE! I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE HOOKING UP WITH HIM!"