Chapter 97 I Am Sorry

He was punching my face, there was blood on the floor. He kicked my gut and pushed me on the wall, I hit my head on the wall. I was in pain and they were laughing. He knocked me on the floor with another punch.

"Now then, blondie. What does that feel like?" Those shadows of white boys looked down at me. I'll never let these rich maggots put me down. I rubbed the blood from my lips.

"This dude looks so creepy,"
"Hey dude, what do we call faggot in French? You're French, right?"
They laughed.
"Pas avant que tu suces ça, putain de pédé."
(Tn//Not before you suck on this, you fucking faggot)
"What does that mean?"

"HEY!"
"Shit, it's Harry!" They picked up their bags and ran away. Fucking cowards.
"COME BACK HERE!" Harry ran after them but they ran away. Harry turned towards me and took out a packet of bandages and cotton balls.

He soaked them in water and cleaned my wounds.
"That's why I told you to create a brain to mouth filter," Harry pressed a band-aid on the cleaned wounds.
"If you are telling me to lie, I won't." I had a strong French accent back then since America was new to me.

"That's why they bully you. You are in pain!"
"This pain? It's nothing. It's tolerable. How can anything be worse than your own parents ditching you?"

Harry looked at me, "Brandon, it's okay. I'll be your family,"
I looked aside, "This won't end well. I turn more bitter and toxic everyday,"
"Hey, I promise you that I'll always be there, even if you hurt me, I'll be there."

Liar.
You were never there.
Not once.
You always come when everything is over. Just to watch me in pain because you weren't there.

I realized you won't, so I would do that. I thought maybe I should be nicer to people. I started putting my hair up and I was friendly with everyone. I dated many girls.

But the memories I was making were beating me black and blue. But then, I met Kate,
"You are showing me your cleavage. Don't tell me you're doing it on purpose,"
And it was golden.

He was like the past me. The me that hadn't changed himself for other people. The me I wanted to forget so badly. I hated him. Why can he be someone I can't?

"You're short," That's the first thing I told him.
"Can't help if you're fucking statue of liberty,"
"That's what the mud beneath it says, I guess?" I laughed.
"Wow, you're fucking rude,"

You are rude too.

"Hey Kate, why does your face look so weird?"
"That's how it was made,"
"Are you sure your mother didn't eat something weird while she had you?"
Everyone laughed.
He wasn't laughing.

Maybe I went too far?

But what is this? I'm having the time of my life. I can say anything to anyone on their face and get away with it. Because now I have learnt...

What my face can do.

"Sup nigga! "
"Brandon! That's a racial slur, dude! We don't say that, we are white!" Harry shouted at me. But I didn't care.
"Shut up, nigga!"

"Nice ass, gurl!"
"Brandon, dude," They laughed. But I made that girl very conscious and uncomfortable after that. But I didn't care.

I met Anna.
She was this shy girl of the class. I figured she had a crush on me. I had never dated shy girls, what is that like?
"Hello Anna!"
"H-Hello,"
"Wow, you're uglier from up close. Fucking gloomy ass needy bitch, right?"

I guess I hurt her.
But hey, I don't care.

Besides, I helped her with her skin, taught her about makeup and fashion. And she was ready to go. We dated. I could treat her however I wanted, after all, she owed me and loved me.