Chapter 37 We Are Not Together

A few guys sat inside a dark, back alley, smoking a pipe and playing poker. They seemed young—Maybe high school seniors. 
"Ha! I won!" One of them collected all the cash while the one who lost banged his hand on the table, "Dammit!"
"Wanna play again?"
"I have nothing to bid anymore,"
"What about your girlfriend?"

He got up and grabbed his collar, "Bastard!"
"I'll play," They heard and turned to one corner. It was Malcolm. He had his Gothic makeup on.
"Hey, Andy, you play with this dude. I can't be wasting my time on midgets,"
Another thin guy came towards Malcolm and sat before him. Malcolm looked into his eyes.
"What do you bid?" He flipped the cards.

Malcolm kept a bundle of cash on the table.
"Wow! He's thick!" 
"Dope dude!"
"Sweet!"
They distributed the cards and the game began. 

"Call all others! We'll fight next!"
More and more teens gathered around them. Malcolm lost.
"HA!"
"I knew you won't play fair," Malcolm picked up the cash and threw it into the air. They all ran after it and began fighting among themselves. Malcolm stood at a corner and stared at them with his arms crossed.

"Guys, run!" A fat guy came running towards the crowd, "They are here!" 
Everyone turned towards him and Malcolm smirked.
"THAT GOTHIC GUY! IT'S CONFIRMED—THE REAPERS ARE HERE!"
"SCRAM!"
"But where?"

"We can tell you where," Louise and Jerome stood before them. They looked at them as if they shitted their pants. Louise had a cigarette in his mouth and Jerome had a steel rod in his hand.
"Nice expression pals, look into the camera," A green haired guy held a camera on their faces.
"You—You guys—"
"Malcolm, didn't you introduce us?"
"Bro, how distasteful, I'll do the intro then!" The green haired guy rose his hand, "Yo! We are four high school seniors who are here to kick your ass! Chellui or better known as..."

Louise took out the cigarettes from his mouth and crushed it under his foot,  "Who the fuck cares? Just beat em up,"
He ran towards one of them and punched him so hard, broski broke his fucking jaw and fell in a pool of blood, "Ight," Louise cracked his knuckles, "Whose next?"

Within fifteen minutes, all of them came out of the ally. Louise had some blood on his shirt. It was again a weird shirt that read, "Real boys play with balls,"
"I need to buy some bread," Louise said, "Mom asked me to go grocery shopping,"
"Yo, homie, you're gonna scare the cashier off,"
"Allow me!" MJ said and they both walked towards a convenience store.

"So, why did you tell Kate you've got hots for Brandon? You're the straightest guy I've ever met," MJ said. He had a country undertone in his accent.
"I—"
"Because Brandon told you to do that?"
"...Why ask when you know already?"
"It's just...A healthy gut. But dang, Brandon played well. I'm interested in this teen gay relationship,"

"I don't know. I hate girls and I hate guys," Louise said.
"You're lesbian!"
"...I don't want to hear that logic,"

Kate went to Malcolm's place after school and practiced till it was nearly dinner time. After he went back home, he had dinner and practiced in his room.
"Kate, when are you learning a real guitar?" His mom asked.
"Mom, it's not a guitar, it's a bass,"
Kate realized the disrespect towards bass was unreal. Everyone loved guitar and nobody gave two fucks about the bass. He practiced hard to prove that bass was THE SUPERIOR INSTRUMENT. But he was a slow learner.

He stuck the strings once.
"Tch, fuck! THIS IS SO ANNOYING! WHY CAN'T I DO IT?!"
"You don't have the talent for a bass," Anna smiled.
"Oh shut up!"
'At this rate, I'm...'

"You're not going," Malcolm said. He and Kate sat inside his room beside Loyd. Kate began sneezing.
"BUT WHY?"
"Need I say more? You're shit at it. It was stupid of me to think that you'd learn a bass line in a week."
"But I can still try?"
"Kate, you need to practice more,"