Chapter 5 What Else Is New?

I have always been a mean jerk who never really understood snake porn and it just didn't make any sense to me! But do you know what I know? I am very possessive about my sister. Doesn't matter if she's mean to me or bitchy or arrogant, I can't see her hurt and cry—Especially over some asshole. He didn't have to say all that to her, it wouldn't kill to be polite or at least normal. Anna cried a lot that night. I could hear her crying from my room and I couldn't sleep. I wish I was stronger, so that I could punch him right in his face. But I had enough.

Next morning, I picked up that damned blue hoodie from her room and ran to the school. Anna didn't come school that day. I looked into his class, he wasn't there so I waited till lunch break. He was still not there but people said they saw him. 

"I want to kill Brandon Johnson, where will I find him?" I asked Johhny Tedson. I met him in the hallways with his friend, Jerome Weaste, a fouth year at Kerlin County High.
"Population explosion is an issue so I approve of killing," Johhny said.
"Bro what?" Jerome, his black friend said. I saw him at that rap battle too. It was the same guy who was talking to those seniors. It seemed Jerome knew Brandon from the football team. He said he saw him going to the terrace.

I ran towards the terrace with his hoodie and banged open the door. It produced a horrible sound which almost freaked me out!
"HEY!" I yelled. Now that I think about it, why do I always enter in a similar style? That ass (Brandon=That ass) sat there with a fruit juice can. 

"Hi Kate" He smiled, "Oh? Is that my hoodie you have?"
"Yes,"
"How nice. You came to return it?"
I took a lighter from my pocket and set it on fire. I threw it on the floor, "Suck that!"
He smiled and slowly got up.

"Let it be. Anna had it. Who knows what it has been through, I was going to burn it anyways,"
I grabbed his collar, "My sister is not like that!"
"So, what is she like?" He came closer to me.
"Well, she is mean but she won't masturbate to jerks like you!" I moved back, "She's not a creep like you and—"
"And?" I was finally cornered and he pressed his hands on the wall behind me. His hoodie burned beside us.

"I have hated you ever since she told me you shagged her—You were like fourteen back then—"
"Wait—What? I shagged her?" He seemed surprised.
"You didn't?" Did she lie to me again?
"Anna just likes attention. I haven't shagged anybody,"
"Oh, but you still hurt her!"

"Kate, I've been hurt too. You think Anna likes me? We barely know each other. I'm not even her type. She just dated me cause I was available." 
I looked into his eyes, "And we were just progressing towards a more sexual relationship. Like no strings attached. It felt wrong. I realized it's not me. That this relationship won't last so I didn't want to drag it on. I had to put an end to it. It's better for both of us. I know it'll hurt her but she'll get over it. I need to be a bit rough on her since she's so clingy,"
I didn't know what to say. He was so mature. I felt guilty that I came at him without knowing both parts of the story. Why was I so immature?

"I'm sorry for yelling at you,"
He laughed, "It's okay. You're always yelling either ways,"
"I—" He's not wrong. I touched the tips of my shirt and looked at my feet. He sniffed my hair, "You used soap?"
"Yeah, I'm out of shampoo and I forget to buy it everyday. My sister borrowed the last bottle I had," He pressed his hand over my head, "Did you use the lip balm I gave you?" 

Wait—Where is this going? I pushed him away, "No! I'm not using it! I'm not a girl, I don't need it, you gay and straight jerk!"
"Gay and straight?"
"Since you like girls—You're straight and you like guys so you're gay. Boom—Gay and straight!"
"Pftt" He burst laughing.
"What's so funny?! I forgot what's the scientific name of that sexuality!"
"You're such a nerd," He laughed.

"I'm not!"
"You didn't do the skincare routine this morning?" The hoodie had burnt to ashes by then. I swallowed my saliva, "No,"
"Why Kate?"
"Because I was late,"
"Can't be helped," He took a bottle of sunscreen from his bag, "Here you go. At least put some sunblock,"