Chapter 18 Many Surprises

You know the best and the worst thing about high school? One! YES PEOPLE JUST ONE SMALL MOMENT CAN CHANGE YOUR ENTIRE PERSPECTIVE ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL! Well, two weeks back Brandon Johnson happened, it wasn't a pleasant experience. And he's just making it more scary to witness since he has been quiet after hearing all that from Anna.

Is this the calm before the storm? I tried talking to him but every time I try to approach him, he picks up a book and says,

"I'm studying, can we talk later?"
"I'm studying, let's do it some other time"
"I'm studying, you're disturbing me,"

LOOKS LIKE SOMEBODY'S STUDYING WHEN WE HAVE OUR EXAMS SIX MONTHS LATER! IT'S OBVIOUS HE DOESN'T WANNA TALK TO ME ANYMORE! 

This is a problem because I don't know what's going inside his mind. I was keeping in check if there were any rumours spreading but everything was quiet. It was unusual. That Friday morning, I stood at my locker and kept took my books. The halls were packed since people were rushing to their classes. I was about to leave but as soon as I turned back, I saw a goth guy and shouted.

I was surprised, okay?! 

His skin was as white as paper and his lips were as black as coal, just like his hair. He had his ears pierced at every angle and his eyes were neon green. He had done some cat eye make up too. Dude, I've always been weak to goths. He was about the same height as me, basically a short dude.

"Yes?" He was just staring at me so I decided to open my mouth.
He looked at me from top to bottom and handed me a poster, "We're doing a charity performance," His voice was so deep it could make people high. 

"Okay?" I looked at the poster. It was a performance by some Chellelui band? I wasn't interested in goth concerts. Oh right, it's cruel world tomorrow. For those of you who don't know, Cruel World is a one-day festival we celebrate in September in Los Angeles, it's mostly for goths. Was he inviting me there? 

"Uh, sounds good but I'm not interested in Goth culture—"
"It's not a goth performance. We have it in the music room in the lunch break. You a freshman?"

"Yes. So, it's by a school club?"
"By the music club."
"Oh," I looked at the poster. So, it was a charity concert?
"Sounds fun," I looked up but he was gone. And I went back to my class.

During the lunch break, I went to keep my books and get some money for the cafeteria.
"Hey Kate," Jaden stood beside my locker.
"Hey Jaden," I closed my locker, "Oh right! Wanna go to that concert at the music room?"
"You got that poster too?" Jaden took a poster from his pocket.

"Who gave it to you?" I took out my poster.
"Some senior with green hair,"
"Oh, you wanna go?"
"I mean, it's a charity concert. We should just go for a while at least,"
"Yeah, let's see this school's music club,"

We walked up the stairs to the music room. It was PACKED! There was such a huge crowd inside that room. Some people were even standing outside the music room, pushing each other to pack themselves inside those sweaty teenage bodies. YUCK!

But I was curious. Was our school music club so awesome? I wanted to hear them so Jaden and I stood a bit away from the struggling crowd. We couldn't see but at least we could hear.

"Hello everyone," I heard a loud voice on the speakers kept behind us. The concert was starting and people had gone insane. More people were joining in too, "It's your boi, MJ, with Louise, Jerome and Malcolm. I want to thank all of you who have donated in our donation box for charity." He spoke while his band mates just tuned their instruments in the background.

"About 50,000 people are infected with HIV each year, and 1 in 4 is 13 to 24 years old. About 16,000 people die of HIV infection every year here in the states. The greatest number of infections occur among gay and bisexual youth and most youth are not getting it tested. It's very important that you visit a doctor if you see the symptoms and make use you don't have multiple sex partners and use a condom every time you have sex because AIDS is not a cool disease to have,"