Chapter 40 To Another Land

Jaden stood there in a helmet and protection pads. WAIT—WHEN DID HE BRING ALL THAT? Brandon threw the ball. That might have been one of those very rare moments when Brandon didn't let his gay take over, even though he was wearing a rainbow shirt.

Jaden just dodged a centimetre away from the ball which went ahead and destroyed the wall behind. They all stood there speechless.

"Out!" Brandon clapped with a smile.
"THAT BALL COULD HAVE KILLED HIM, YOU ASS!" Kate shouted.
"You're right! I missed by just a centimetre, tch!" Brandon clicked his tongue.

"THAT'S NOT THE FUCKING POINT!"
Mrs Touske, Kate's Japanese neighbor, shouted as she looked at her broken wall. Then, she glared at them and started speaking Japanese. She was giving them a resume about the history of that wall.

"The wall had a great history but you broke it anyways. Ignorant and foolish Americans" Is what she said. Hey! You can't call our boys "ignorant Americans"—Jaden is purely Canadian!

"Hello," Brandon approached Mrs Touske. She stood there all flustered. Then, she slowly started speaking again, but this time rather sweetly.

"Hai" was all that he replied to everything she said.
"Does Brandon know Japanese?" Kate asked Harry.
"You're asking me, dude? I didn't even know that he could play baseball!" Harry said.
"Bye bye" Brandon smiled and waved at the lady. She waved back and went back inside her house.

"Brandon...what was she saying?" Kate asked.
"Well, who knows?" Brandon replied.
"...WHAT?" Harry, Jaden and Kate said together.

"I don't know Japanese. I just know one word—'Hai' which means yes, and Harry taught that to me," Brandon said.
"Then, how did you talk to her?" Harry asked.
"I just followed up by saying yes throughout the conversation."
I have to admit—Brandon has his way with words and that's why he always gets what he wants! His face also contributes to that. 

The next day, Brandon walked to the D wing and reached the music room. He sat in a corner with his guitar. Louise threw a bundle of papers on the center table and Jerome picked it up, "The hell is that, bro?" He asked him.

"The International Foreign Exchange Month for this year is here." Louise said, "We've gotta go to South Korea this year,"

Malcolm entered the room with his bass on his back, "Good morning, senior!" Brandon smiled at Malcolm.
"Mornin'" He sat on his corner and began tuning his bass, "Where's MJ?"
"I'm here," The green dyed hair guy, MJ, walked inside with a rock guitar on his back, "Yo!"
"Yo!" Brandon smiled.

"We're going to South Korea?" MJ asked.
"Yeah, but there's a problem,"
"Lemme guess, you and I can't go because we need to go grab some bullies from the nearby ally and give them shit!"
"Yeah,"

"What's it about?" Brandon asked and sat beside MJ.
"We go to different countries every year for the foreign exchange trips and give a performance of American music and culture."
"Sounds dope,"
"Yepperinos. But, we need a guitarist and a drummer because Louise and I can't go this year,"

"Asians are scary," Louise said.
"LMAO! Last year, we went to China last year and I dunno why all the Chinese girls literally flocked over us, nearly oofed us. Louise was literally walking as if he was walking in water."
Louise tapped his drumsticks on his thighs, "Asians are scary,"
"That's just stereotyped," Brandon said.
"I don't care—Asian women are scary," Louise sat at the drums and started his warmup.

"Brandon, you go instead of me," MJ smiled.
"Sure, what do I have to play?" Brandon asked.
"I'll teach you," MJ's green eyes shone under the LEDs, "Watch,"