Chapter 49 Stop Being Kind

"Why did people hate your face?" Louise asked.
"Because I looked average. But then Brandon came and turned my life over. He taught me about skincare and makeup. But when I remove my makeup at night and look at my real face, it still hurts. HOLD ON—WHY THE FUCK AM I TELLING YOU ALL THIS?!" Anna shouted.
"Because I'm your senior," Louise took a cookie from her lunch box.

"THAT WAS MINE!"
"And now it isn't,"
"WHAT THE—"

"Why did you date Brandon?" Louise asked.
"Because I thought he liked me. Why else would he help me?"
"Did you like him?"
"I just wanted him to be happy. I didn't like him when we started dating but then I fell in love and he fell out of it. I wish...I didn't confess."

"You guys dated for three years, I thought you were serious," Louise said.
"We both are similar so we click. And I want him back. I hate losing people."
"You can do that even as friends,"
Anna looked at Louise and he took a bite of another cookie, "Dating your ex is like watching the same movie and expecting a different climax. If you don't want to lose him, just be friends again. Brandon isn't the kind to keep grudges so he'll happily get along as friends. Find some guy, there aren't less of single dudes in the states,"

Anna looked at her feet, "You don't tell me what to do,"
"As a matter of fact, I do. I'm your senior after all,"

"Achoo!" MJ woke himself up by a sneeze. He looked down from the terrace to the ground and saw Anna and Louise sitting together. He made a square out of his fingers and looked at them like a movie director, "What a nice junior-senior bonding, totally fuckable," Then, he turned and saw Kate sitting at another corner, eating bread and juice.

"Ooh! Brandon's crush! Let's go visit this guy," MJ jumped down from the roof to the terrace floor. He walked down the stairs and went to the field.

Kate ate his bread, "He's coming back today,"
"Right?" MJ took a piece from Kate's bread and ate it.
"Excuse me, do I know you?" Kate narrowed his eyes.
"It's MJ. Here, now you know me" MJ took a sip from the juice.

"MJ as in mysterious jackass?" Kate said.
"No, Michelle Jibber," MJ took another piece of the bread.
"What?" Kate said "HEY! STOP EATING MY LUNCH! YOU'RE SO SUSPICIOUS!"
"Suspicious? Me? I'm the cutest thing alive on the Earth" MJ said.
"If by cute you mean an obnoxious green broccoli, well you're right." Kate said.

MJ felt arrows hitting him as Kate said this, "The famous sharp tongue! Knock out!" MJ shouted.
"What?"
"How's it going with Brandon?"
"Going what?"
"Is he a good kisser according to you?"

"How would I know? Go ask Anna,"
"That's history. He likes you now,"
Kate chocked, "There's nothing between us!" Kate said.
"You're both girls?" MJ said.
"I MEAN WE DON'T LIKE EACH OTHER!"
"Lies don't look nice from that mouth,"

"...Did Harry tell you?" Kate said.
"Nah, it's just gut feeling" MJ said.
"How does that work?"
"First, you gotta eat good. Wait—A magician and a spy must never tell their tricks to their audience!" MJ said.

"So, which one are you?"
"I'm a hybrid,"
"...Okay. Please don't tell about us to anyone" Kate said, "It'll make my life difficult"

"Isn't it difficult for you already? I mean you're shunned by your sister, scared of Louise, can't openly express your love for Brandon and then comes your sharp tongue to give a bad luck bonus." MJ said. Kate felt arrows at him as MJ said this.

"I'll—I'll do anything! ANYTHING!" Kate said.
"... I just had a naughty idea" MJ smirked.
"Try not to get arrested,"
MJ laughed, "Oh?" He leaned towards Kate and touched his face, "What if I say I'm ready to get arrested?"

Kate quickly got up and fell on the floor. He dragged himself up and ran away.
"Hey! You forgot your bread and juice!" MJ said "Oh well, we shouldn't waste food so," MJ was about to take a huge bite of bread when the juice box fell down and he bent to pick it up. Just then, a basketball landed on the wall behind him. MJ was picking up the juice box, so he was saved.