Chapter 7

"Jennie"

Jennie wished she could run away than face Lisa right now. The kiss happened a week ago, but until now Jennie's feeling are still as jumbled up as they were the first time their lips met. And it doesn't help clear the confusion that Lisa was still there, everyday, fighting for her when here she is ready to make a fool out of Lisa.

What did she ever do to have someone as good as Lisa fall so madly in love with her?

"Lisa hi..."

Lisa was about to open her passenger side door but instead Jennie swerve away and continued walking.

"Jennie? Where are you going?"

"I'm just going to ride the metrorail to school."

Metrorail over Mercedes Benz? That was new... But again for Lisa it really wasn't much of a choice. She quickly runs beside Jennie.

"Metrorail? Would you mind if I go with you?"

Jennie looks at Lisa incredulously, who on their right mind would choose a crowded metrorail over her Mercedes Benz?

"Lisa... you got a car, why don't you just drive to school?"

Because I want to be with you, that was the right answer but instead Lisa lied to make herself look less pathetic "Ummmm... I never rode one before so I think it would be cool."

Jennie just sigh in defeat and nods, Lisa like a puppy tags along happily as they walk to the station.

*

Jennie didn't want to do it but Lisa was as lost as ever that she had to take Lisa's hand to make sure the girl find her way to school. After getting shoved inside the metrorail. Jennie motion Lisa to sit down.

"Sit..."

"What about you?" Lisa felt so defeated, this idea wasn't working out... She looked like such a loser in front of Jennie, but the good part is, Jennie's hand was holding hers for almost the whole trip.

"I'll be okay here..."

Without hesitation, Lisa offered her seat to somebody else much to Jennie's dismay.

"Lisa? Why did you do that for?"

"I... I want to be close to you."

Jennie chuckles at Lisa's cute confession. "We're like a feet apart, how close do you want us to be?"

Lisa stood behind Jennie, pressing her body closer while her arms slowly made its way around Jennie's waist. "This close..." Lisa whispers...

And instead of pulling away, Jennie found herself leaning closer, matching Lisa's heartbeat with hers. She should have pried Lisa's arm off her waist, but instead, her finger playfully circles Lisa's palm before twinning their fingers.

It was strange, how even after all these years, Jennie still felt the same way when she's wrapped in Lisa's arms. The comfort, the warmth and the reassuring feeling that nothing in this world could hurt her as long as Lisa is with her.

Jennie went closer to rest her head in Lisa's neck while Lisa tilts her head to perfectly crane in Jennie's head. For a while there, they had the world to themselves...

Only to be interrupted by the sudden stop of the metrorail... And that was enough to jolt Jennie back to reality, pulling away from Lisa as quickly as she can.

Lisa trailed Jennie all the way to school but before she could tell Jennie goodbye, Jennie have already disappeared into the corner, leaving Lisa to just long for her.