Chapter 30

The older woman's brows furrowed at the request paper set at her desk. She looks back at the cat eyed beauty sitting across from her. It's a dime in a dozen to meet someone so young yet so hardworking, and she usually doesn't take request but for this cat eyed beauty, she might reconsider it.

"So, you're requesting to have your switch shifts from night duties to days?"

"Well, that would be ideal but even at least 3-11 shift."

"For someone who just started working for 2 weeks, you adjusted faster than most and you're doing a great job. So, what is your reason for wanting to change schedule?"

Because her lover can't fall asleep  that was Jennie's only reason. But she knew no nursing manager in their right mind would take that as an excuse.

"I'm having a hard time balancing work with school."

She hardly lies but for Lisa it's not even a choice...

*Flashback*

Lisa's face turned into that of a kicked puppy when Jennie just walk in without giving her a kiss. The cat eyed girl quickly pulls of her clothes and quickly changes to her scrubs.

"I... I pack you some dinner from the restaurant."

Jennie screeches to a halt when she realizes that she just walk in and ignore Lisa.

"Thank you baby..." Jennie sneakily tries to glance at her watch, making sure that Lisa won't see or she might think that's she's being an inconvenience. She walks over to the girl and wraps her arms around Lisa's shoulder.

"It's your first day, I meant night on the job. I don't want you to go hungry."

Jennie kisses Lisa thankfully. But the thankful smile turns into worry when she sees a bandage on Lisa's palm. "Hey... What happened?"

"It's no big deal, I just cut myself while chopping some vegetables. They make me cut veggies now, I guess it's a promotion."

"I don't want you getting hurt!" Jennie kisses the bandage.

"It's a little scratch."

"Okay... But next time you need to be careful. I'll see you tomorrow." It was supposed to be a goodbye kiss but the moment Lisa presses her waist on Jennie's entangling the girl in her kisses, Jennie knew that saying goodbye would be much harder than she thought.

"I have to go..." Jennie pulls away hesitantly.

"I want to take you to work." Lisa says almost pleadingly.

"It's okay baby..." Jennie brushes Lisa's cheek with her thumb "I don't like you riding the metrorail by yourself especially at night."

Lisa stepped away defeated, what Jennie was saying is very true. There was no way she's getting into public transportation especially metrorail if Jennie wasn't with her.

"Oh okay... I'll wait for you..."

"I wont be home until the morning, so just try to sleep okay? I'll call you when I get to work."

"Call me on your break too..."

"I will"

Lisa seeks Jennie's lips once again. One goodbye kiss turned into two, and two multiplying into more, until Jennie got the strength to finally tear away from Lisa.

"I have to go..." Jennie kisses Lisa for the last time on the forehead.

"I love you" Lisa calls out before Jennie steps out the door.