Chapter 15

Jennie was halfway through the table when the girl sitting in the corner booth with that evil grin, stop her.

"Oh... Don't go Jennie..."

Jennie threads carefully towards Rose, taking out her pen and notepad as her only defense.

"W-what can I get for you?"

Rose didn't come in to have food, that's for sure...

"I realize you're not good in taking advises."

Jennie ignores her and patiently waited for Rose to give her orders.

"So, how's Lisa in bed?"

And Rose did it again, paralyzed Jennie with her words.

"So, your order?" Jennie was able to manage to say some words despite of trembling.

Rose saw it immediately and decided to use Jennie's weakness as her ammo "Oh... That good, huh? I didn't know you would give up that quick..."

Jennie finally look up at Rose with questioning eyes.

"You know there is a name for people like you..."

The ink was creating a blot on Jennie's notepad form Jennie pressing the pen too hard.

"But you're smart girl, so you probably figure it out what I'm trying to say, right sl*t?

"Look" Jennie snarls back "There are other waitresses in here; I'll get one for you."

"You're walking away so does that mean my quesses are true?"

"No. It's just means I have no time to deal with your BS!"

"BS? Oh c'mon Jennie... But we're having such a good time"

"No we're not."

"You know my cousin have been with other people right?"

Jennie didn't want to accept it but it was true. "I... I do"

"She sleeps with them, then brads about them. No feeling, all for fun. So..." Rose turns to her rolex watch "It's Feb 4, 5:36 pm."

"So?"

"Let's see how long it takes for Lisa to get bored with you before she moves in to someone else."

And Rose smiles as she sees the hurt look in Jennie's face.

"Tic. Toc. Tic. Toc Jennie Kim..."

*

"Mrs. Kim?"

Jennie's mother turns away from Lisa and went back to cleaning the yard. But more forceful this time.

"Can I talk to you?"

"I have nothing to say to you, Ms. Lalisa" She tries to say as respectful as she could.

"But I do... And you don't need to say anything because I heard enough. But right now, I need you to listen."

Mrs. Kim turns and sees the mixture of potent anger and hurt in Lisa's eyes.

"You know I respect you Mrs. Kim, even since I was a child. And I'm thankful for the sacrifices you and Mr. Kim does for our family.But what I'm most thankful for is that you have Jennie. So to see the hurt and bruises you give her is unforgivable for me. I could ask my father to fire you and you know he'll do it in a heartbeat but I won't because I know it will hurt Jennie much more than she's hurting now."

Lisa takes an intimidating steps closer to the older woman.

"And it's such a shame that you don't even realize what an amazing daughter you have, because you let what other people make that decision for you. I don't know how a mother could ever think of leaving her daughter just when she needed her most, but you did it... But I want you to know Mrs. Kim that from now on. Jennie will never be alone, because I'm going to be with her and I'm not going to let anyone hurt her ever again. Not even you!"