Chapter 23

Lisa's grip on her steering wheel got tighter, her eyes getting blurry from the tears that just fell profusely. She realizes that driving right now would kill her. She quickly swerves to the corner, stopping to let her heart cry out.

*Flashback*

"Hi..."

Lisa could barely give Jennie a kiss on the cheek, since baseball season was about to start soon, practices were harsher and it wasn't doing any good to Lisa's time with Jennie. The tired girl collapsed on the couch, staring at Jennie preparing something (probably their dinner) in the kitchen.

"Hey..."

When Lisa heard Jennie's voice, she quickly tries to open up her eyes only to have them drooping back again.

"Go sleep for a bit, when you wake up I'll get your dinner ready."

"Don't wanna..."

"And why not? You can barely keep your eyes open."

"I want to look at you." Lisa smiles and though she admits that it was cheesy, still she knows that it was true.

Jennie's chuckle woke Lisa a bit... "You're so cheesy."

"Then, I could be the cheese and you could be the mouse."

"Oh my God!" Jennie's booming laughter was better than any love song for Lisa. "Lili, your cheesiness is driving me nuts!"

"Then come here and shut me up..."

Lisa smiles watching Jennie walking over to her, Lisa's fantasies of what she wants to do with Jennie was stop when Jennie jumps on her.

"OW!"

"That's what you get for being cheesy... ACK LILI!"

Next thing, they know. Lisa have trapped Jennie underneath her.

"Never underestimate me, baby..."

"When did I ever?" Jennie says softly, her eyes got distracted from Lisa's eyes drifting to her lips.

"Good"

Lisa gives Jennie a sweet, lingering kiss before cuddling with the girl.

"Go to sleep..." Jennie hums softly. "I'll stay here until you wake."

*End of Flashback*

Now that Lisa sees it, how stupid could she be for believing it?

***

Jennie have finally manage to stand up but instead she end up getting pushed and shoved and worse cursed at, for standing between the doorway...

She tries to exhale but instead of taking a breath, she just pours out more tears.

*Flashback*

As much as Jennie told herself not to, still she couldn't help it. Her tears started flowing out and every teardrop didn't do anything but makes Mr. Manoban smile a bit wider, enjoying the effect that he had on the girl. But he wasn't done with her, He needed to do the finishing touches...

"It's a pity how you made Lisa your entire world, when all you'll ever be is a piece of hers."

Jennie wipes away her tears with the back of her sleeve, when she looks up, she sees Mr. Manoban handing her a tissue to wipe her tears.