Chapter 34

For two weeks, Lisa have been occupied with paperworks to finalize her trip to the States. She was signing on the last pages before handing it out to Baekhyun.

"Well, that does it." Baekhyun's pen click as he puts it back on his pocket. "Trust me, I have been there and it's not going to get any easier. But you just have to shut out everything while you're out there in the field. So, tell me Lisa... Do you have somebody special?"

"I don't see how that is your business."

"Well, It kinda is... Cause you know people think it's their skills or their hard work that's pulling them away from their dream but it's not. It's having someone and especially on your situation, if you have somebody, leaving them is the hardest part of all of this."

Lisa looks down at the truth of it all.

"And I have been there too..." Lisa for once heard the man's voice without a glint of mischief or arrogance, it was as if he was aching and had been aching. "Distance would only make you or break you but if that person insists on staying despite all of this then they truly love you..." He tries to mask all his frustrations with a laugh. "But who believes in that, right?"

Lisa then notices his attention getting drawn at whoever walk's in the restaurant. Lisa felt sorry to whoever this girl is, as the man just undressing her with his eyes... Lisa turn around curiously to see what kind of girl this player might be interested.

And if Lisa had something sharp, she would have stabs his eyes out.

"Stop that..." Lisa snarls at him.

"Wae?" The guy asks confusedly...

"Lili?"

Jennie sees them together and happily walks over.

"Hey... I'm Byun Baekhyun."

"Oh... Ummm hi..." Jennie didn't mind the man eyeing her lustfully and turns back to Lisa.

"What you doing here?"

"Oh... They cancel me today since we don't have any patients so I was like thinking maybe we should go somewhere before going home together."

"Awww... Lisa... You didn't tell me you have such a cute dongsaeng." Baekhyun in gushes over Jennie and Jennie have to clench on Lisa's arm, knowing Lisa could smack the guy if he talks more.

"She isn't my dongsaeng, she's my girlfriend!"

"Oh..." The man smiles amusingly. "So, that's why you never seem to be interested in me, huh Lis?"

"Who is he, Lili?"

"Oh wait... You didn't tell her?"

"Ummm... Not yet..."

"Well... That's my cue to go."

He packed up his stuff...

"I'll see you in a week Lis, and nice to meet you Jennie..."

He might have walked away but his words have left a bitter taste that Lisa have to face.

*

"What was that all about?"

Jennie asks as the got back to their apartment.

"Well... He's a baseball scout for the American League"

Jennie remained quiet waiting for Lisa to continue but Lisa seems to be busy, or trying to look busy to avoid talking to Jennie. Until Jennie holds on to her arm.

"Don't make me feel like a fool, Lisa! What is it about?"

"He asked me to tryouts in America."

Jennie knew that she should be proud of Lisa, but how come those words felt like someone squeezing the life out of her?