Chapter 37

Lisa just spends the wee hours of the night just staring at Jennie's photo when someone spoke up behind her.

"She's gorgeous..."

Lisa quickly hides Jennie's picture behind her. The bespectacled girl laughs and plops comfortably right beside Lisa. Lisa knew Mina even back when they were in Korea, they played against each other during high school and college and were teammates for the national team. But they were never closed, last thing Lisa heard was Mina went to the states to pursue baseball.

"Oh..." Mina sneers "Don't worry about that, we aren't in Korea anymore. This is America baby, land of the free... And besides, most of the girls out there... They're pretty much into girls too." Mina sighs heavily to the sky "And I don't blame them... Mr. Right has been overrun by the d0uches and *******s in the world... So, what's her name?"

Lisa smiles sweetly as she takes out Jennie's picture. "Jennie"

"Can I?"

Lisa was a bit hesitant first, like a child hesitant to share their favorite toy. Lisa unconsciously puffs her chest proudly at Mina's reaction.

"Damn! You got great taste, she's beautiful."

"She's much more beautiful in person..."

"I bet. She's back home?"

Lisa nods sadly then stares back at Jennie's photo.

"So, what's your plan?"

"I... I don't know... I just want to give her the best life so that's why I'm here."

"Best life? Why what's your definition of that?"

"You know giving Jennie everything, pick her up on a luxury car, take her home to our mansion, you know just spoil her to bits..."

"Hmmmm..." Mina answers thoughtfully and Lisa waited for Mina to continue. "I guess everyone has their own idea of a best life."

"I guess..."

"So, you told me yours but what's Jennie's?"

And Lisa could feel her heart tightened up her chest, she knew what Jennie might have wanted and yet she chose to break it.

*

Lisa tried to stay away from trouble, she was there to show that she could play, nothing more. Unfortunately, it seems like trouble just seems to have a fascination for her.

Enter Momo Hirai, she was who team managers and scouts came to see. Until Lisa Manoban came into the picture, Lisa was quiet but lethal and she pretty much just let her game speak for herself and let's just say that everyone who watches her heard her.

Trouble is, Momo doesn't like to share the spotlight. And she thought that Lisa wouldn't fight back, the girl pretty much kept to herself, always scurrying off to the park after practice just to talk on the phone. Momo had found out that Lisa left a girlfriend back home and Momo sees this as nothing more but an opportunity to crush her main competition.

*

Mina couldn't help but step back at the chaotic mess that Lisa created in her room, the girl is frantically throwing things around, as if she's looking for something.

"Liz? What's wrong?"

"Jennie... Jennie's picture is missing!" Lisa answered back without stopping her rummage around the room.

"So, what are you looking for Manoban?"

Lisa turns to the door at the haughty remark. And there standing was Momo and surrounded by her group of mindless zombies.