Chapter 14

Jennie grimaces as she sees the red mark her mom left on her face, it was obvious but she wasn't scared of that, what she's more afraid of is what would Lisa think if she sees it. The dark haired girl standing behind her made Jennie turn away from the mirror.

"Thanks for letting me stay for the night Bunny..."

"Anytime Jendeukie..." Nayeon smiles reassuringly. "Ummmm...."

Jennie looks questionably at her bestfriend who look confuse on what she's about to say.

"I was just wondering... Why didn't you call Lisa-shii for this?"

Jennie has her reasons. "I ahhhh...."

"I know you haven't told anyone about the two of you but everyone in the school knows about it. I understand why you don't say it, but I'm your bestfriend Jendeukie."

"I... I'm sorry Bunny..."

Nayeon shakes her head "No... Don't be, I know that it's just the way you are, you like to keep things to yourself."

"It's just that... People already have their own problems. I don't..."

"Stop... Jendeukie... Just tell me, or if not me... Atleast tell Lisa-shii. Don't keep this all to yourself."

"I... I don't want to... I don't want to make her feel like our relationship is going through a lot. I want her to feel that we're okay."

"But it's not"

And that's the hard bitter truth, their relationship will only get harder but as long as she could make Lisa believe that it's okay, then maybe she could hold on to her longer.

"I know... But I'll do anything to keep it that way."

"You're just hurting yourself..."

"As long as she isn't... Then, It's okay..."

And that another bitter truth that Jennie have to taste, if she wanted to keep Lisa. She would have to null herself of the pain.

*

Lisa smashes her bat on the baseball, earning ohhhhs and ahhhsss from the crowd watching their Goddess practice.

"Looks like your batting got better Limario!" Jisoo points out while adjusting her cap. "That obviously was a homerun."

"Well, maybe because it's not only in baseball that Lice got a homerun." Seulgi smirked knowingly.

Basing on the goofy, love sick grin on Lisa's face the answer couldn't be more obvious.

"DUDE!!! Like seriously?! Jisoo shoves Lisa jokingly...

"I ahhh..." Lisa was blushing madly and the two friends just look at each other in surprise. They always knew that Lisa have been crushing on Jennie but is just too much of a coward to make a move. Lisa have become a player because she was hopeless that she and Jennie could ever be together.

And the player Lisa they know doesn't blush and hesitate when she talks about her conquests. But this Lisa, blushing like crazy and stammering like a little kid was just too amusing for the two.

"You got hit that hard, huh?"

Lisa nods shyly while shuffling her shoes on the ground.

"Well... We're both happy for you man... But try to make it slow, I think you two are going too fast." said Jisoo.

"Yup. You don't want Jennie to think that it's all you ever need from her." Seulgi added.

Lisa looks at her bestfriends with a worried look. "I don't" shaking her head fervently "I... I love her... I really do!"