Chapter 47

"Rosie?!"

Tzuyu looks in complete surprise as there standing by her doorstep was Rose holding a bottle of wine, which Tzuyu could assume was probably expensive.

"What's wrong, Chewy?" Rose says mockingly, obviously a bit inebriate. "Aren't you going to let me in?"

"I'm sorry... Come in, come in..."

"I came to bring you a goodbye gift... Here, let's drink it..."

Tzuyu smiles apologetically, thinking Rose might be offended. But instead Rose's lips curve into a grin.

"I know... That's why I bought this, because I know you won't like it."

"I don't think you should be saying that..."

"Hey... It's the thought that counts Tzuyu... And you should feel lucky that I even thought of you!"

Rose finds herself at home in Tzuyu's kitchen, trying to find wine glasses... She peered at every counter, finding most of it empty.

"Where the hell are you God damn stuff?"

Rose aired out irritatingly...

"I already packed it up."

"Oh yeah, I forgot you're leaving."

"Too drunk to remember?"

Tzuyu asks before finally handing Rose the wine glass.

"No..."

Tzuyu look back at Rose in confusion, she rarely sees Rose in this light. Where she seems uncertain and almost human, instead of the heartless devil that she used to know...

"I just..." Rose takes a deep breath. "I just don't want to think about it."

"Why?"

Rose finally turned to look at Tzuyu, and Tzuyu couldn't help but back away, this was a different Rose.

"Because I don't want to see you go."

"Then, come with me..."

Rose brows met up in confusion. She expected Tzuyu to be confuse, to ask her what she was trying to do but instead she was the one who got all confuse. What is Tzuyu trying to draw from this?

Tzuyu didn't knew where she found the guts to say it, but she thought it was worth taking a shot.

"What?"

"Let's go somewhere else Rosie... People around us, just seem to know how to hurt us! But let's just get away."

"And look like cowards in front of those idiots? What you think of me, Tzuyu? A wuss?"

"No... But I can't stay here anymore..."

"Who do you think you are to think I would follow you?!"

Tzuyu looks strangely at Rose, did she misinterpret feelings again?

"I'm... I..." Tzuyu struggles to find the answer, to make herself look less pathetic but in the end, finds herself surrendering. "I don't know, who am I to you, Rosie?!"

"I don't know either..."

"You thought of me, you don't want me to go, I must mean something to you, right?!" Tzuyu wonders desperately...

Rose just shrugs coolly... "Either that or I just feel bad for you... I think it's more the latter."

And just when Tzuyu thought, she manage to break in front of Rose, here was Rose, building up her walls again.