Chapter 45

America felt like two different worlds for Jennie...

There is this one world, where when she's with Lisa it seems that the hands of time just spin uncontrollably. Whether they're touring the city or just cuddling on the couch with a good movie, time seems to go by so quickly. Jennie loves every second of it. But nowadays, she dreads for morning because that's when Lisa have to leave.

Since Lisa have the drafts to take care of, Jennie would left alone in their home. And in that world, is when the clock ticks by too slowly, that sometimes Jennie would wonder if it even ticks at all.

Jennie doesn't like the feeling of it, of being tagged as a damsel in distress waiting for the prince charming to come. So, she would brave out and see what America has to offer.

But she wouldn't last more than two hours outside and she would shrink her way back to their home. She didn't tell Lisa that the first time she went out by herself she got lost. She knew a thing or two about the language, could understand it if she took the time but America just seems so fast for her. And she tried asking for help, but she could never seem to find a connection between her and people who were trying to "help" her. So, she just wandered around, hoping she could find her way back home and luckily she did.

From that day on, the only place she would go to was the store and the nearest mall, keeping her conversations with other people minimal to yes or no or sometimes barely a nod. She memorized the bus line and when she knew she had nothing better to do, she would walk back home.

She always heard from other people that not everyone is meant for America, and she couldn't help but wonder, Is she one of those unfortunate ones?

"HIIIIII!!!!!!!"

Jennie turns away from the TV to the girl who jumps into her arms. They saw each other this morning and that was just a few hours ago, but it was ridiculous how much they just miss each other.

"Do you remember that Nini?!"

Lisa asks while nuzzling her head cozily on Jennie's lap.

"What?" Jennie wonders as her fingers find themselves lock in Lisa's darl locks.

"Remember which girl always said that?!"

Jennie swallows her lips to keep herself from smiling, the thought of it was kind of embarrassing for her.

"Ummmm... No... Not really!"

Lisa turns her head to Jennie. "You don't?"

Jennie shakes her head, obviously trying to held it in.

"Well, it's this little monkey who got stuck on a tree when I was young..."

"YAH!!!"

Lisa laughs triumphantly and Jennie ends up tickling Lisa as revenge for unearthing such embarrassing memories.

"I was like... That's the world's cutest monkey! I would like to own her someday, hihihi..."

"I said STOP!"

Lisa was doing an awesome job in making Jennie blush in embarrassment.

"Why don't you call me that now, Nini?"

"Call you what?"

"LISHA UNNIE..."

Lisa chuckles triumphantly as Jennie slap her playfully in the arms...

"STOP!" Jennie wards her and Lisa clamp her mouth shut, though it was obvious from her heaving back that she was trying hard not to let out a fit of giggles.