Chapter 32

(A/N: Warning! 18+ only in Jennie's POV)

January 16...

If she was the old Lisa, she wouldn't have been out here night scavenging at every store for the perfect gift. She would have just went to the jewelry store, pick the priciest gift of them all and give it to the one she loves most.

That was the old Lisa's way of expressing her love...

But this is the new Lisa now... She wished she could create it herself, it's in her head but her hands doesn't seem to be as advanced as her thinking, ending up with a bundle of mess instead of the perfect gift. She already threw out that miserable attempt of a gift and is now searching every store for the right one.

Until something in the store window have caught her attention, she didn't knew what drew her to it, it just somehow did... That gift cost more than Lisa would have hoped for.

If she was the old Lisa, she would have went to La Madeleine, the expensive pastry shop ordered for a Strawberry Cheesecake for Jennie. But all Lisa could do is sigh in disappointment, Her budget can't even get her to buy Jennie one, that she ended up with just a Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Cupcake and a rainbow balloon.

*

Lisa walks back home, since she never rides public transportation unless Jennie is there.

"HAP- Oh, you got a cake?" The sound of disappointment was the only thing that Lisa could hear in her voice.

Not just a cake, a beautiful strawberries and cream cheesecake cake intricately detailed.

"Yup... Jeongyeon Unnie surprised me with one. They had like a surprise birthday party for me at the cafe. Come here and taste it."

Lisa steps closer and Jennie brought a forkful of cake to Lisa's mouth.

"Is it good?"

"Pretty good"

"What you got there?" Jennie asks as she spots the box that Lisa is holding.

"Oh ummm... this?" Lisa didn't know if she should even bother handing Jennie the cupcake. "It's strawberry cheesecake stuffed cupcake. It's like the best thing in the world. Well, second best thing next to your strawberries and cream cheesecake cake..."

"Come here..." Jennie pulls Lisa to sit on her lap. "You're cheesy but I love you..." Jennie swooped in for a kiss but Lisa pulls away.

"Hihi... Wait... Ummm..."

Jennie pouts when Lisa got up from her lap and Lisa excitedly went to the kitchen to grab a lighter.

"Happy birthday..."

The cat eyed girl simply gush at Lisa's sweet gesture.

"You're going to sing for me?"

"Ummm..." Lisa wasn't sure about that, oh no wait she is... She doesn't sing!

"C'mon please... Pretty please..." Jennie bats her lashes to charm Lisa over.

Lisa didn't even started singing and she's blushing already... "I don't sing"

"For me, Lili... Please baby..."

"Okay" Lisa said defenseless against Jennie's cuteness.

Lisa clears her throat before singing to Jennie. The whole entire time, Jennie has a sweet gummy smile grin playing in her lips as she listens to Lisa's voice. She couldn't understand why Lisa was so hesitant when she got such a sweet, lovely voice.

"I love you, Jennie..." Lisa caps of the song coupled with a few kisses "Blow your candle and make a wish."

Jennie smiles at Lisa before the birthday girl puffing her cheeks to blows her handle animatedly.