Chapter 51

Jin finally stops tapping his shoe when the receptionist has shot an evil glare at him. He couldn't understand why he seems to jittery and nervous. He could only guess that the consequence of Lisa finding out about this could destroy him was probably the reason. That's why he needed to win Jennie over first, so he can scrape out of this alive.

"Oppa?"

"Hey sis..."

Jin met Jennie in an embrace. If it was somebody else he would probably end up getting push away, but since Jennie was just too kind hearted, she embraced him back. She was never really the kind of person who holds grudges. And even if her brother has done her wrong, she forgave him already.

"Look at you... You look beautiful..." Jin for once was being honest.

"Thank you"

Jennie wished she could say the same but her brother didn't seem to look as well as he did before. He became noticeably thinner and he looks tired.

"So, how you been?"

"I have been good, busy with the wedding..."

The two sat back down, a comfortable distance separating the two of them.

"Are you like working or anything?"

"Well, I just graduated last spring. So, as of now, I'm just doing volunteer works for experience and also to put something on my resume."

Jin wants to point out that being with Lisa is better than any long list accomplishments in a resume. One call from Lisa Manoban and any company would hire her immediately. But knowing how kind hearted and innocently stupid Jennie is, she would definitely despise the idea.

"I feel so bad sometimes, because I hardly go because of all the wedding preparations." A tinged of guilt shone in Jennie's eyes. "But I want our wedding to be perfect, or atleast close to it."

Atleast that made Jennie smile...

"So, Papa told me you went to the house..."

It's quite a disadvantage how Jennie's eyes could mirror every feeling that she tries to hide. Jin wish that he didn't have to talk about it, but it's not something they could just sweep under the rug either.

"I did... A few days ago!"

"I'm sorry it didn't went well with Mama."

"I sort of accepted that..." Jennie did, but that doesn't mean it hurt any less. "But I wish Papa..." Jennie's words trail behind her as if she was unsure how she could finish her words. "I wish Papa could have been more accepting."

"What more can you expect of him?" Jin spats back...

Jin could only scoff at the thought of their father. He was a very good man and in a way his goodness has also became his weakness. He was a man who couldn't fight for the people he loves and remains passive at every situation.

The two remained quiet, unsure of how their unspoken words might affect their already sullen relationship.

Jennie smiles weakly, "Maybe someday, right?"

"With Mama I doubt it!" Jin knows his honesty was what Jennie needed to hear despite of how unfortunate it is.

"But Papa maybe, the thing with our Dad is though... He's so whipped by Mom and if Mom said not to go, he probably won't!"

That's the sad reality of marriage nowadays...

"I'm willing to try though." Jennie says hopefully, "It's not like Lisa is a bad person, I wish... I wish they could meet her so they would know instead of judging her so quickly just because of what they see. And they would see Oppa, they would see why I'm so helplessly..."